Intermittent DC Offset? Source or Amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yes, I understand... Where does the feedback cap go?

See the FB resistor that goes to ground? Desolder the gnd leg and put in a 220uF electro (680ohm / 220uF = 1 Hz) [if you use polarized, put neg to gnd]

Not yet, but I have the part and I plan to - soon... No schematic for the Zune... What is the significance the coupling cap in the NAD possibly being 22uF? Just wondering why 22, why not 10 or 1...

I was pointing out that the NAD probably has a big nasty non-audiophile electrolytic coupling cap in it already ... so if you like the sound, then your ears are OK with them even if your audiophile sensibilities aren't ;)

That's good advice for any system of separates. I have 3 amps in my main system and have the wife trained on that order of operation! :)

Well something went wrong and speakers went ... poof!

...Ouch! I run all my equipment on UPSes with power conditioning hoping to somewhat immunize my stuff from fluctuating power at the mains.

My point was, I'm doing it with an understanding of the danger. In a sentence, since we haven't solved your issue, you could end up blowing another speaker. That's cool as long as you understand the risk. :cool:

Last edited:
Nice build! I wonder why the zobel network would have caused hum? Also, what did you use to make your measurements? I have been using my ear to tune my DIY projects and would like something a little more empirical to base my own findings on.

Thanks :) I wouldn't call it a Zobel. It's not on the output of the amp.

And I have no idea why it would cause the hum, but I accidentally stumbled onto the fix while testing something or other, so I removed them and haven't looked back. Something about reacting with the L of the long umbilical to the amp which was grounded to two separate things (power supply and the PC via input cables). Even having the PC plugged into the same outlet didn't help.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.