Interfacing Amanero to HW balanced PCM56

I came across a stash of PCM56 chips years ago and am looking to build a modern DAC around them. The analog side is straightforward enough, but after reading many threads about how manage the digital connections, I'm hoping to get a quick sanity check from the community before getting too deep into to board layout.

The goal is to connect an Amanero Combo384 to four PCM56s for hardware balanced analog outputs, similar to the Parasound DAC1600, Adcom GDA-700, Pass D1, etc. I'll be using the Amanero clock with settings recommended by Domenico at Amanero, but I'm open to doing things differently if anyone has suggestions to improve the jitter performance. I'm concerned the isolator and gates will introduce jitter but am not sure if it's possible to slave the Amanero to a clock on the DAC.

Here's the glue logic I plan on using. Does this look like it'll work? Would anyone do it differently?

1710599641397.png

Why use Amanero? I2SoverUSB has built-in support for PCM56 and it costs around the same as a real Amanero.
Sorry for replying sooner!

I'm not opposed to switching receivers. Amanero suggests supplying both chips with the same data stream and providing an inverted LE to each chip should do it, using a different firmware. I can't say I know enough about digital to tell if this is a good idea or not.

That said, I think the I2SoverUSB solution only gets me halfway there if I want to made a hardware balanced DAC. IanCanada has an I2S to PCM converter board which natively supports balanced PCM56s. Perhaps this is the right solution, but it strikes me as a complex way of doing something that should be simple, considering that it requires a separate USB to I2S interface.

Why use Amanero? I2SoverUSB has built-in support for PCM56 and it costs around the same as a real Amanero.

View attachment 1288255
Image from I2SoverUSB manual.
This is an old one, which Ljuben doesn't sell anymore. New one (FIO) doesn't require resistor jumping. Just to say, in case op chooses i2soverusb board.

@PretentiousFood send an email to Ljuben, he will respond to you with the most info you require. In the meantime, study datasheet as markw4 said, it will help you in general in the long run to study datasheets.