Interesting Post from Audio Karma

Status
Not open for further replies.
And to harp a little further where are professional critical reviews of Bose speakers? I heard that once a rookie reviewer tried it and he was lucky to save his shirt. Why nobody says D'Appolito is an old fool and his famous configuration of running midwoofers in parallel up to 3khz is a scheisse? You move your head and the tonal balance shifts dramatically. Possibly because he is not a fool and he made an educated choice.

You better have $50-100K to begin
Or know how the system works :D

Quite why HiFi makers would suddenly think litigation against individuals is a good idea - is unclear. Lawyers grant jurisdiction to the court/tribunal and will simply hoover up most of the benefits.

Surely it's cheaper and better to work with reviewers to improve the products.
As for little holes causing resonances, I think it's more likely that they would simply causes damping, and that the observed 250Hz bump is a measurement error or a real feature of the item tested.

The constructive response would have been to ask for a new measurement with the feet in. Instead, there were threats - so perhaps the maker doesn't think the feet holes cause the bump either... so there's that.
If the maker drags it to court, and the reviewer decided to argue in the legal jurisdiction for whatever reason, the maker may need to demonstrate that the holes were the problem, which would be interesting.

So now I'm curious to see the 'with' and 'without' feet frequency plots :)

Why nobody says D'Appolito is an old fool
Perhaps D'Appolito just got on with the engineering, and didn't pick fights? This is just my educated guess, but it seems likely.

The Streisand Effect often gets ignored, but is quite real. Tekton appears to gain only negative publicity from threatening reviewers.

There was the same with some guitar tutor system recently too, instead of the usual boring reviews, that too turned into a circus :D

In general with this type of legal case, the lawyers win.
Another benefit of DIY is to avoid all this horror :)

Status
Not open for further replies.