Interesting 'Labyrinth' paper

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks Pete you can never go wrong adding to the sum of human knowledge (or at least making it more accesible) without reading it in detail it looks like he's given us the science behind Fris's DALINE from "Hi-Fi News Record Review" in the '70's. At least that is what the diagrams suggest at first glance. Ta

Some notes:

An interesting aspect of this paper is that they consider Fp can be lower than Fs.

Essentially, they use the pipe to create a hi-Q resonance and control it with a filter system (few details given though)

Their formula (5) gives a relationship for Sd which appears to contradict their claim that their method is useful in designimg ‘very compact loudspeaker systems’

Formula (2) might be useful if it’s practical application is made clearer.

They talk about an optimum value of BL, but I can’t see anywhere where they show how to find this, perhaps they’re making assumptions that are opaque to a layman such as myself;

They have a simple formula for end correction, I think Martin King has shown that it isn’t quite as simple as they think.

The ideas presented are interesting, but I suspect that too many assumptions are being made, perhaps someone with more familiarity with the maths/engineering involved can comment?

Thanks p10, an interesting paper, although Olney's trying to achieve the opposite of the guys who wrote the paper above.
What I find interesting here is the possiblity of a TL equivalent to an EBS alignment (having a bunch of drivers that have too high an Fs :D ); probably not too hard to do ...???

Hi,

A paper on essentially how to make an an awful loudspeaker.

The jist is that it is high efficiency and has high output capability
at a particular frequency and the bass is bandpassed filtered to
concentrate at that frequency and further manipulated such
that its envelope follows the wider bass spectrum.

In other words high efficiency garbage, the details do not matter ....

:)/sreten.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.