Interesting books....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
SY said:
.............If I had to pick the ONE area of amplifier performance that many designers need to pay more attention to, it's overload performance and recovery. EI limiting is often a major source of trouble here.

In general terms, you are 100% correct....

I would extend this by suggesting that the output stage is the most important section of a power amp.

There is little point slaving away with the driver sections if, in the the final analysis, your output stage is incapable of cleanly delivering power from the supply rails to a 'speaker of arbitrary impedance.

I am frequently surprised at the sheer quantity of so-called 'hi-end' amps. with no more than two pairs of MJL3281A/MJL1302A operating from 60V+ rails!!!!????!!!!???!!!!!! :eek:

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
yeah does any one know of any good audio amplifier/ power amplifier design engineering books with alot of math that goes farther into circuit theory and design more then Selfs book?

Not a book in the expected sense, but having lots of high-level design articles with background and math, you may want to check out Linear Audio.

Yes I am the editor / publisher ;)

jan didden

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.