• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Interest for Potential GB for Pioneer Super Linear Circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Please send HKD440 by Paypal to :
gogowatch_AT_gmail_DOT_com

Please make sure you include your real name and postal address. Else we cannot ship.
Shipment will be registered air. So please make sure someone is there to receive.

Please confirm here after payment is made, so that we know when to check.

Thx,
Patrick

Started the Pioneer project, beginning with the JFET & Transistor matching. Here my results for the 2SK4883 & 2SA1959 HFE matched pairs, not so difficult to get with a quantity of 25of each, and the JFET 2SK209GR IDSS. All my JFET fit within 5 groups of IDSS. I'll run on close IDSS group through my curve tracer to see their transconductance curves, and I'll choose the closest pairs.

Attachments

• Matching HFE - Q13-Q14.JPG
    Matching HFE - Q13-Q14.JPG
    413.1 KB · Views: 207
  • Matching IDSS - 2SK209GR.JPG
    Matching IDSS - 2SK209GR.JPG
    387.1 KB · Views: 207
Houston we have a problem! Take a look at my HFE measurement results. Most of the 2SA1312-BL (PNP) are around 481 to 520 HFE, but the 2SC3324-BL (NPN) are rather from 411 to 440 HFE, so no easy HFE matching between NPN and PNP.
Any recommendation, and or comments? Do I have to reorder the transistors and hope for better overlap?
Thanks
SB

Attachments

• 2SA1312-BL vs 2SC3324-BL HFE Matching.JPG
    2SA1312-BL vs 2SC3324-BL HFE Matching.JPG
    457.7 KB · Views: 267
Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Hi SB,
Well, all these beta numbers are fantasy. Beta changes strongly with temperature, and unless you can keep the transistors at the same specific temperature, beta readings are only extremely approximate. I'll believe the trend, but not the individual readings.

I don't know what to tell you. Without a temperature controlled jig, you can't really do what you are trying to do. This is especially true if you don't do all the measurements at the same sitting away from sunny windows (basement would be best in a dark corner), and you can't breathe on them. It takes extreme care to get closer approximate numbers.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.