Installing and using LTspice IV (now including LTXVII), From beginner to advanced

Wel it do, except in the old version.

Do not understand why the model has other pin numbers then the part itself, who do use 1, 2, 3 ,4 ,5 while model says 3, 2, 4, 7, 6 for example, change that this way I get the error back..

regards
LTspice goes by the pinout order, not the specific pinout / node names.

Pinout 3 = Pinout Order 1 (+IN)
Pinout 2 = Pinout Order 2 (-IN)
Pinout 7 = Pinout Order 3 (+V)
Pinout 4 = Pinout Order 4 (-V)
Pinout 6 = Pinout Order 5 (OUT)

Joined 2005
Paid Member
After running a .tran analysis my error log states:

Warning: Multiple definitions of model "bc557c" Type: BJT
Warning: Multiple definitions of model "bc547c" Type: BJT

The .log file for both lists:

Warning: No lines in input
Fatal Error: No circuit found in source

I have one .inc statement for both models, which are in the same directory as the .asc as two separate .lib. I checked the models, and there seems to be nothing wrong with them (I've used the same models for over a decade, never gotten this error).

Can anyone point me in the right direction to figure out what's causing this?

You're correct, thanks, why didn't I think of that? :D

Your not alone. :D

Oke thanks, now I now how the pinout order works, LTspice looks at part pinout order, and looks to names in stead op pins in lib, or both.

But still, the model do not work in 32 bit version, maybe the 64bit is capable to read more kinds of models.

And the 64 bit do crash, I can not sim with it sithout crash, sometimes it crasg right away when simulate or after 2 minutes or less.

regards

I have complete remove the spice programs with Revo uninstall.

and reinstal only the 64 bit version.

and get this, the new part do not work anymore and get the same as with 32 bit version, I think model is not quite good because all the others do work, including these I did myself in past.

regards

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_682 Jan. 08 16.01.jpg
    ScreenHunter_682 Jan. 08 16.01.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 153
I've done that. And when I look for it in Spice it isn't there. It may be possible there is more than one instance of the file in my computer. How do I open the file that LT is referring to?
You look for it in the directory where you placed it. There shouldn't be any other instance if you followed my instructions correctly here.
Go to the location where you placed the file triode-w1_dd.txt and open it in notepad and copy and paste the contents of the 6N13S model file there.

What do mean by "look for it". The 6N13S model or the file triode-w1_dd.txt?

I had contact with the writer of LTspice 64 bit about the crashes, I did capture it, seems it opens two .RAW windows at once and then crash, if I leave it open software do not crash.

This was his answer about it.

Very interesting. I review the code opening the .raw file....

So maybe it is corrected soon.

regards

Attachments

• ScreenHunter_711 Jan. 15 19.25.jpg
    ScreenHunter_711 Jan. 15 19.25.jpg
    131.1 KB · Views: 168
Here is a tube file, it has also the 6n13s in it, and it works now.

copy the tube.lib file into the lib directory of ltspice, and the symbols
to .sym in a tube directory, just unpack it there wil do.

Mine is on documents, you can have it elsewhere.

regards

Attachments

• Tubes.zip
    55.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I've done that. And when I look for it in Spice it isn't there. It may be possible there is more than one instance of the file in my computer. How do I open the file that LT is referring to?

I tried this again and it does work if set up correctly. But based on the text on your symbol "RightClickMe" I'm assuming that you are trying to select a tube model by right-clicking this text. That won't work. There are two things wrong here:

(1) This text must be the name of a valid subcircuit within your library file, and there is no subcircuit named RightClickMe. I suggest using "Triode" since there is such a subcircuit defined in triode-w1_dd.txt. I have uploaded a new symbol file that makes this change; remove the .txt extension so that the file name is triode-w1_dd.asy.

(2) After the symbol is inserted into a schematic, instead of right-clicking the text you must instead right-click on the symbol itself. This will bring up a dialog box. Within that dialog box, right-click on the text "Triode" in the SpiceModel field and this will display a down-arrow at the right of the field. Clicking on the down-arrow will bring up a drop-down menu that contains all of the subcircuits defined in the library file. Select the model you want. You usually have to click OK (or press Enter) twice; once to select the model you want, and a second time to close the dialog box.

One important caveat: the library file must be in the "sub" folder. It could be located elsewhere, but that would require that you edit the symbol file to match.

Ray

Attachments

• triode-w1_dd.asy.txt
    853 bytes · Views: 42
I get that. But in order for the drop-down function to work, this subcircuit has to be defined in the library file, and it is not (at least not in the version that I downloaded from this thread). You can, of course, manually edit this to a subcircuit that does exist in the library file but that defeats the purpose of having a drop-down menu. Leaving this text as RightClickMe without adding a corresponding subcircuit to the library file doesn't work (at least the way I would expect it to).

I'd be curious to know if the drop-down menu function worked for you using the OP's original symbol and library files; it did not for me. Right-clicking "RightClickMe" in the symbol dialog box after inserting it into a schematic merely allowed that text to be edited; it did not bring up the drop-down arrow.

Disclaimer: I did my tests in LTspice IV, not LTspice XVII.