Input stage idea

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
john curl said:
This design has no input stage gain
:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:
I use 100ohm source resistors, so input stage has gain, but its output is not voltage, but current. I did som spice simulations where everything worked fine with low distortion (-85dB).

How much have I to pay to John Curl for his reply??? :smash:

In 1969 was everything noisy, not only this kind of circuit (we live in year 2004!!!). :smash:

BTW: I'm not beginner, just my point of view on amplifier design is a little bit different. None of amplifiers I've ever made was copied from someone, I use my own designs only. And this input stage is burried now, because I made some modifications to improve performance. This was just an idea, that I couldn't test and I didn't know what is the perfermance of this circuit, because I don't have measurement tools. And like everytime I post something on this forum I get good replies and bad replies, so we wrote a lot of words with no result. :smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.