Input stage biasing - BJT

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Don't under-estimate what can be done with a couple of cheap-O proto-boards. This stereo has been working great since Feb. I'm am listing to it right now.:) There is well over 100 transistors, almost all are SOT-23, in the entire circuit.:D SMD 603 resistors. About 25-30W/Ch.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 191
Hi

I had a few PCB's made for a new power supply board. The board house had a speacial for PCB's produced with top and bottom copper only. Cost was $89 for 5, and that cost was credited to the next a full spec board cost, IOW free.:D Those transfos in the picture came from some old junk that would otherwise have been garbage. But I couldn't stand to toss them, better to use them. I took all the iron out, re-wound the secondaries proper for my circuit, and reasembled the core. Lot of time spent, took several hours. One could spend LOTS of money on power transformers though.:rolleyes: I try to spend as little as possible on proto-stuff, time spent developing it is bad enough.

Attachments

• 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 183
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.