• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Input impedance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You need to think parafeed to use the interstage as a phase splitter. I encountered bass resonance with a 1uf parafeed cap, but 4uf gave a flat response. I use the DIYaudio CCS by Pinkmouse in my amp which consists of a CCS loaded parallelled 5687 driving a pair of 6AS7's. This is a difficult valve to drive and I needed a full 40mA to get it to work satisfactorily. It looks like the 813 has similar input capacitance, but I think the issues may be a bit more complex than the simple figures might suggest.
Try it with a beefy parafeed driver through your interstage and onto your 813's. If the top end is disappointing then look to add the powerdrive.

Shoog

If your going to use the interstage to do your phase splitting, you will be going from a SE driver to PP outputs. In that case you put your parafeed cap before the primary of the interstage.
If thats not what you intend to do then I'm a bit lost.

Shoog

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.