Input capacitor requires atleast 20uf? seen in TI spice sim on LME49811

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I was just simulating the TINA TI for LME49811 and found that smaller values like 2.2uf with series resistance of 247ohm is limiting the lower -3db response to around 300Hz?

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Imageshack - inputn.jpg

using 20uf input cap its giving -3db around 30Hz but I see most of the circuits dont have beyond 4.7uf... is there any other way to get 30Hz -3db?
I tried using 47k by connecting the output of the cap and ground but still it doesnt get such lower values...

is that an inverting configuration?

anyway, 2.2uF and 240 ohms gives about 300Hz, so whadya expect.

your input impedance is also very low.

If you want to use an inverting config you are going to have to up those values a lot. I imagine the other schematics you looked at were non-inverting.

Last edited:
Your simulation seems to be getting the frequency response of the inverted input Vin, which now passes through 10uF and 243 ohms, not Vcm. The original in the other thread has a non-inverted input, and Cin and Rin, though labelled as "in" are actually part of the NFB voltage divider.

I wouldn't apply something about one configuration to a different configuration.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.