• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Input and switch boards for Soekris DAM1021 DAC

My Input boards

Attachments

• IMG_0571.JPG
    IMG_0571.JPG
    190.6 KB · Views: 748
  • V2.JPG
    V2.JPG
    187.9 KB · Views: 724
  • V2A.jpg
    V2A.jpg
    665 KB · Views: 668
Thanks Kevin

Thank you for the Kivin...looks very nice, link, I posted as I already have a wavevI\O pcb ( sorry I did not mention that bit) but am not sure if a a wavevI/o is a drop in replacement...or would I have to purchase Amero?.

Also whilst where spending money:eek:...would a Lampizator Amber DAC kit be a good option ( with RHopoint resistors?) as an tube tube output?..any one tried this combo??...soon be Christmas eh!!:D

Cheers
johnny

WaveIO is not a drop-in replacement for Amanero, but it could easily be connected to my input board using u.fl connections (the small round connectors labeled I2S DATA, LRCLK and BCLK). You would also need to supply 3.3VDC power for the DAM1021 isolators. I have not checked it the isolators can tolerate 5V supply. If they do, then you could use the 5V supply from Waveio board for that purpose.

I am out of boards at the moment. Since Soeren has indicated the new firmware will be released Real Soon Now, I will wait until the release before ordering another batch.

There may be some layout adjustments to make convenient connections for the new DAM functions. I am also thinking of adding an I2S input selector to allow switching between two I2S sources.

I would like to get a feeling for the interest in new features:

1) Selection between two I2S inputs
2) Convenient connectivity for true balanced setup using two DAM1021 DACs. (If the new firmware supports it)
3) Convenient connectivity for chaining several DACs for active crossovers (if the new firmware supports it)
4) other suggestions?

Last edited:
Anybody else experienced a problem with Hifiberry Digi on the Toslink input? DAC doesn't seem to lock the signal. Tested with both ORJ-5 and TORX-147L. Toslink is working on my AVR though. 3.3V are present.

Regards,

Fabian

I have had a problem with a cheap toslink cable not fitting well into the receiver socket and loosing the signal when touched.

Do you have another Toslink source and cable to try ?