Info on Bybee Quantum Purifiers needed

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have dealt with Bybee's devices for a decade.

I have given my customers a money back guarantee, and over the decade only one customer ever asked for his money back and that was because he purchased a CD player off Audiogon and wasn't happy with it. Installing the Bybees helped but not enough to where he wanted to retain the unit and he places up for sale after I removed the Bybees').

In experimenting with the purifiers, many of my observations became incorporated into the Bybee web site. Bybee is very reluctant to say exactly what the purifiers do and inept placement will probably not do anything for the sound, let alone have a positive impact.

I find the best starting point is in a solid state power supply between the bridge rectifier and the transformer outputs. Everything else is a band aid at best, and especially so since most transducers have absolutely horrible time and phase relationships between their drivers ( all you need do is to examine Stereophile magazines speaker impulse test; then compare it to something like the Vandersteens or, even better, a full range pure electrostatic). The typical transducer will yield some positives but some negatives and the general impression will be a wash.

Yawn, we have had many threads discussing these parts and a listening test carried out by some very long time members...not a lot apart from mumbo jumbo marketing and hints at resiricted military work. But not bad profit for selling a resistor wrapped in shrink wrap wot:)

I thought he said a lot about what they allegedly do, but it all seemed to be complete nonsense (to anyone who knows some physics/chemistry) yet strangely plausible (to anyone who knows no physics/chemistry yet has heard of some of the words).

Anyone who spends serious money on an audio 'enhancement' based on classified research is unlikely to complain. Expectation bias will make it likely that an 'improvement' will be 'heard'. Even those who hear nothing are unlikely to want to admit that their ears/system/room lack the required 'discrimination'. Very few gizmos are sold with the blurb saying "If you hear no improvement than that means that your system is so good it needs no improvement".

My guess is that the Bybee acts as a wideband lossy RF absorber. A ferrite bead would be simpler and cheaper.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.