Inductor help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
It doesn't look like it's wound correctly. Maybe someone like Eva will correct me if I'm wrong but...

Viewing the inductor from the side of the power supply FETs, the left winding on the original passed under the core just before it went into the board. The right winding passed over the top as you have it.

I believe it's going to make a big difference. At best, it won't do it's job properly. At worst, it will cause the supply to fail.

The attached image is an original inductor.

Attachments

• img_6551b.jpg
    img_6551b.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 81
It's not the number of strands that are the problem. The windings don't appear to be laid down the same way.

If your left-hand winding passes under the core just before it goes into the board like the one in the photo, then there's likely no problem.

This photo shows an inductor more like yours.

Attachments

• img_4718b.jpg
    img_4718b.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 79
Hey I got the new power supply in and this amp works 100%. the coil inductor that I made is clearly doing its job and im very impressed. Im 17 years old and was able to diagnose and fix this amp with the help of a few people. FYI this is the 3rd amp I fixed this being the most complex.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.