Not open for further replies.

Attachments

• sa 1.jpg
    sa 1.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 369
Joined 2002
Paid Member
navin said:
1. What amp are we building here. I am no clear. Once we have that settled making the PCB is the easy part.

2. Once you have an amp and about 20-30 takers you can get most things on lamington road. parts not available can be imported in one lot. but who's co-ordinating this project. If parts need to be imported who will do the honours. Importing can be a hassle.

1. LM 4780, regular NS application. However with some creative wiring can be configured for bridge (bridge adapter needed), parallel or stereo. I've explained it in some detail halfway down my post. Each finished amp needs two chips, in pure dual mono.

2. D-K orders can be taken by me. I think only the chips are needed from there, and possibly output MFRs. Rest is readily available in Mumbai.

gmphadte said:
Sangram, I will take two if it is for 4780.
I have 2 ICs

4780 single sided design, please refer

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=953370#post953370

There will be others on this site. search for 4780

Gajanan Phadte

All right, but I guess you want two PCBs. I'm proposing a full amp with chassis. I myself am not interested in doing bits and pieces. It's the whole package or nothing... Please reread.

If you do, that's one amp, nineteen to go.

I also don't want a readymade PCB design. The only one I've seen which I like is the Brian Bell/Peter Daniel design, but I think that's too expensive for the group buy (I bought two sets for myself, but that's by the way), but it's nice and compact and is reasonably easy to put together. The PSU PCB is minimalistic which is good, but needs MUR860 (I was thinking chassis mount briges) and gets very fiddly once you start adding large caps and snubbers.

SO I need a collaborator, not staright copying.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
OK I should have clicked the link before shooting off my mouth, I see it was your design.

I need it to be double sided. The chip is very fiddly and a compact layout is a must, not possible with single sided.

I think we should switch over to 4x3886 and use P2P to achieve the same objective.

Joined 2002
Paid Member
gmphadte said:
Sangram wrote

Then I am out.
I am only interested in PCBs as I want it to use in the existing tri-amp and may be to replace STK in the sony stereo.

Gajanan Phadte

Great. The guy's name Shirodkar and he runs a company called Pradeep Electronics, give him a call if you want your PCBs made.

23891567/3456.

He doesn't know me from Adam, so don't reference me.

All the best.

Sangram

Hi Sangram,

sangram said:
Great. The guy's name Shirodkar and he runs a company called Pradeep Electronics, give him a call if you want your PCBs made.

23891567/3456.
Have you checked this three-year-old thread? It might have saved you some legwork. :)

And on the topic of Indian DIY amp attempts, have you checked these two threads? the "11.6" thread, the "11.4" thread. Work is progressing well on both these designs. I'm at the stage where I'll need a few hours of layout change to freeze the 11.4 (Blameless) design and send it for PCB fabrication. Once that comes back, I'll make a couple of channels and make sure everything's working before completing "11.6". (This particular sequence because I already have all the active parts for the 11.4, but I'll need to plonk down money for the OPS devices for the 11.6.)

I've also been working in parallel on PCB layout for a version of Rod Elliott's P3A. It's a lovely little amp; a friend had bought PCBs from Rod and had made two channels. The amp is so simple that one can make single-sided PCBs without any problem within Eagle's board size limits. That PCB layout is ready for despatch... I'll send it to Charu Desai of Image any day now. And for the P3A too, I have all the parts.

I feel that any of these amps can be very good Indian projects. All parts for all three amps are available locally.

Just joined DIYaudio - nice to find desi DIYers here. I wonder if there's any interest in building a TDA7294 gainclone, either stock, bridged or Class-G. I'm in the process of developing a Class-G TDA7294 gainclone, modified from the ST application note, using TIP142/147 power darlingtons for the high-rail switching.

If there's any interest, I can post the layout when its done.

PA300 Remake

Could any one help me to build the amplifier named PA300 of elektor,

I want to remake the amplifier as to add one pair of output transistor more,
to replace the driver transistor i e T6 & T7 MJE15030 & MJE15031 with MOSFET IRF540 & IRF9540 and finaly to increase the supply rail to 75V/7 amp. Further I want to bridge the amplifier.

I have the original articale of PA300,please show me path,suggest me how to bridge ?

BR//
Pranay.

Old thread, but anyways, here are your options:

1. Buy a cheap black powder-coated chassis with all mounting hardware, etc. Replace only the front panel with anything of your choice with the appropriate cutouts - 8 mm wood (easy to work with) or brushed aluminium (hard to work with) are both good choices for the front panel. Black acrylic is the third option, but it scratches easily and looks cheap, IMHO.

2. Buy aluminium panels of 8 or 12 mm thickness and have them machined, polished, drilled, slotted, etc. at a CNC machine workshop. For one-off fabrication, this will end uo being very expensive. I've done this just once - 5 panels + the front wooden face panel cost Rs.6k, and it looked great, but I'm not keen to repeat the experiment. I just wanted to find out what was the local materials availability and fabrication capability, and I'm satisfied with the learning experience.

3. Browse EBay or AliExpress listings for full amplifier cabinet kits from China. There are excellent alumnium extruded cabinets from 8audio and others, if you're willing to pay for shipping (relatively expensive).

4. Go to your local e-waste recycler and look for dead commercial amplifiers with good cases. Gut the innards and put in your stuff. You can often re-use the trafo, connectors and various front panel switches and controls.

(Option 1 will almost always be the least expensive - maybe as little as Rs.100 or lower.)

Status
Not open for further replies.