[INDIA] Chassis, knobs, PCB makers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
YOu can buy direct from El14 but form EFY

EFY (aka Kits n spares) are their distributors for retail quantities. Price is the same as for wholesale that was quoted in the Element14 page apparently. You simply have to register at the Kitsnspares site and just add whatever you need into your cart, checkout, pay by HDFC(only accepted form of online payment for now) and voila your order number is generated. Wait a couple of months for your stuff to arrive. Yes it appears you can pay by draft too. ;-)

Last edited:
I went to lamington road yesterday. It it's lined with road-side vendors selling small stuff like screw-driver sets, digital multimeters, audio headphone jacks, DVD players and more. Finding shops is difficult since most of them are very small and are on ground and first floors on both sides. Most shops sell PA speakers and amplifiers. I couldn't find shops that sell ICs (I need LM3886s). Either they are hidden somewhere or I missed some obvious items on display. Most shops which sell speaker drivers and have them on display are PA speaker driver vendors.

Anyways, I found Dev electronics mentioned in this thread. They primarily sell huge PA speakers. When I asked for peerless speakers drivers, one of the guys took me across the street to a small shop. I bought 2 woofers 5.25" 60W (Rs. 850) and 2 tweeters 1" 30W (Rs. 300) for a total of Rs. 2300. Unfortunately the guy didn't have specs, so no idea what their frequency response or other speaker parameters are. Both appear to be built very well, though. Photos are here
ImageShack® - Online Photo and Video Hosting
I had read information about determining speaker parameters on this forum. Will try that and post some info.

I bought 2 woofers 5.25" 60W (Rs. 850) and 2 tweeters 1" 30W (Rs. 300) for a total of Rs. 2300. Unfortunately the guy didn't have specs...

Don't know about the tweeters, but the midbass units seem identical to a couple that I have. They appear to be Peerless India stuff. I think it's included in my page here labelled SK0 130 in the PPT we got from Jeetubhai's son.

Last edited:
They r fakes.

While it is true that there are fake Peerless (India) speakers available, I can't tell from these photos is these are fakes. How does one know if the speakers are fakes?

I also am told that Peerless does NOT sell any drivers to the open market but I dont know if this is true or is these speakers just some that did not comply with the tolerances that the "export models" were designed for.

I couldn't find shops that sell ICs (I need LM3886s).

When I was looking, I did not find any working 3886s on Lamington Road. However I had a friend of mine in Bangalore find me some and they cost me about Rs 1400 for 3. I found 1875 and 3875s though.

EFY (aka Kits n spares) ... pay by HDFC(only accepted form of online payment for now)

Kits n Spares is the agent for element14 non-corporate retail customers. You can buy anything that element14 sells from Kits n Spares.

I am very satisfied with their service. Anything I order from them is delivered in 15 days or less.

You can pay with any credit card. Doesn't have to be international. They bill in Rupees.

There is a fake iPod which even the iPod authorized retailer could not identify and he was surprised when the customer who wanted to fix it told him.

Look at the reflection inside the foam surround. Is it showing quality. NO.

If you want to see the quality, u have to look for these minute details.

Gajanan Phadte

Hello guys,
I am looking for rotary potentiometer type switches for audio Source Selection, Dont know proper technical Name, Please share any Knowledge regarding it.

Also If anybody has Relay based pcb diagaram for source selection.

I would recommend not to go for rotatory switches as source selector. you wont get quality switches here. instead use simple cd4066 for a good source selector. with combination of cd4017 as the simplest one. Any specific reason why you are looking for realy switching?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.