[INDIA] Any DIYer made a Gainclone in India. willing to help?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Descent into Budhwar Peth

iphadke said:
Hello Mahendra,

I'm in Pune too - have been following this and a few other threads rather silently - I am barely getting my feet wet, and would rather listen to folks like you first! I did a lot of electronic kit building a few years back, so am familiar with Kings, Pioneer, Tejwin, Rajeev etc in Pune. Which place did you buy the 3886 from?

Well I finally got rid of my antipathy towards Budhwar Peth and went there armed with a friend who can speak Marathi. Pioneer has the 3886 for Rs. 150. It looks like the real deal. Unfortunately, he has only one and will get more only on order. However, he has other stuff like heatsinks etc. Pioneer also has some MX stuff - connectors and the like. Gold plated banana plugs 29 each, female at 32 each. They look quite nice. They don't have transformers and were quoting 750ish for winding E-Is of 200VA . So I'm going to call up Torotrans (http://www.torotrans.com) and see if they'll sell retail.

Nearby there's a place called Cable World, which has decent OFC cable at 8-26 per metre, depending on gauge. Nice guy, willing to talk to customers (a rarity in BP!) He also has MX, but refuses to stock expensive stuff (like gold-plated bananas) because of very low demand.

They all know the great Palesha, of course. Helps to mention his name :)

Also, any idea about Indian brands of Drivers?:confused: I saw a few threads (Navin, George, Ashok, SSai you and others) where this issue was discussed, but they seem to gravitate more towards drivers from abroad.

TIA,

Neel

Peerless. You'll need to hunt around old threads here for resellers of surplus Peerless India drivers in Bombay. The 5.25" SKO130 midbass, 10" SKP254 and the T25M silk dome are good candidates. I haven't personally used them, but I've heard good things about them from various sources.

Hi

It seems there are a good number of diyer's in pune.
freelancer ,phadke,groyne we can actually help each other in building stuff.i have already built 2 gainclone's but i need to test them dont have speakers to test them(actually have tested them but on very cheap abandoned computer speakers provided by a friend) properly.and i have built few other projects.
these's a speaker manufacturer based in mumbai IWAI speakers
http://www.iwaispeakers.com/

i have specs of most of their speakers if anyone in pune would like to see them i would be happy to help.

u can contact me via email

bris009@yahoo.co.in

Test beds..................

Hi Iyo,
And guys like you without known factory made speakers. You must find people with known good speakers and try out your amp over there.
Building a speaker with unknown performance is not recommended for evaluating your amp. That is only because you wouldn't know how good your speaker is.
That doesn't mean that the new or known brands are bad but if you stick to known factory made units , you will know where the performance of your amp stands. I am assuming that performance reviews of those speakers is available.
Even reviews are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I have read great reviews of some speakers and never found it to match with what I heard. So trust your ears. Its what sounds good to you that matters most.
No two pairs of ears are identical ( not even the ears in one pair !).

I think you should follow up on the Iwai speakers. I spoke to their people recently and they sound very keen on making good stuff. Theyare also more open with regard to specs and info. Support them and you'll probably get what you want.
Peerless India support is crap in comparison. Bolton is a nice 'man' but old fashioned I hear. Looks like Iwai is the way to go.
Cheers.

Hello,
Nice to know that there r many friends from Pune here. I hv imported excellent subwoofer in 8", 10" & 12" & using for car subwoofers & selling to many OEM's in Mumbai. If anybody wants to see then he can contact me. Even i can help to get LM 3886. I know how it is difficult to get such parts here in India. I will help them to procure it if they want me to do so for them. MY pune friends can get my contact from an advertisement published in 'Sakal' about "Imported PA speakers". It was on 10th Sep page no.2 . U can call me on those phone numbers & even come to the address mentioned. I will be available from Wednsday as i am out of Pune now.
Mahendra Palesha

it's been a really long time away from these boards! glad to be back!!

palesha, unfortunately i can't get the sakal you mentioned, so would you mind posting your number/address up on the boards? or if you don't want to for sake of privacy, could you maybe post your email address, so i could mail you and get in touch with you?
thanks.

about torotrans, i'd talked to him a while ago. really nice guy. sort of expensive, but it seems to be a good deal. anyways, i didn't money at that time, so i didn't buy the transformer. but now that i'm earning
:) :) :) :D :D :D , i'm gonna buy the x'mer and the subwoofers!!

iyo, i'm now only free on sat and sunday, so i'll mail you sometime later during the week and maybe we could set something up.:) ciao and take care.

groyne said:
palesha, unfortunately i can't get the sakal you mentioned, so would you mind posting your number/address up on the boards? or if you don't want to for sake of privacy, could you maybe post your email address, so i could mail you and get in touch with you?
thanks.

Did you notice the e-mail button below palesha's post?

It is not a good idea to publish e-mail addresses here. A lot of fishing is going on throughout the web.

U'll get everything in India, but u have to digg down in market

Hi guys, problem here is everything is available but u have to go in deep streets in electronics market, say i in Chennai went to Richie street where hundreds of small shops are there, but u'll get everything from toriods to Panasonic caps.

i also made a 8 channel LM4780 amp using 4 4780 chips...

Check put pics at http://kuldeep.biz/2008/07/dream-amplifer-project.html[

Attachments

• dscn0579-1.jpg
    dscn0579-1.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 229
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.