Improving on X-BosoZ to mate the F4

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
juma said:

Yes, another F4 could be run from Q6's (IRF510) drain in order to bridge them. Offset can be regulated by means of P2 in F4.

Sound is clean and true, but involving and unobtrusive. Acoustic material sounds a bit warm. Dynamic is high and stage is very wide and deep. Details are present but the whole presentation is balanced, nothing pokes you in the eye (ear).
This is my impression after two days listening. Now I'll have to tear the prototype apart in order to build it properly.

Juma, nice to have one more confirming that my ears heard right:) Not that I dont trust my own ears, but the F4 is in fact a bit surprisingly good sounding! I like it very much with the X-CCS-BosoZ set for 20dB gain.

Steen:)

Hello,

I have built the version in this post for testing:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=1200372#post1200372

It worked just fine, and sounds great! You may want/need to adjust the resistor values a bit. And in some cases you will probably want a pot instead of a resistor so you can adjust bias etc.

Its a fine circuit, very much like Terry's XBOSOZ, but I got started on something I like even better... More details on that later when its been better proven.

Cheers!
Russ

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.