illusion audio ?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ive always wanted illusion mid's and tweet's for my car... when i went to look for them a few years ago, i got word they went under, i was depressed for months. BUT now, if there still a kickbutt product, i have new ideas for my wifes car...

now if i could only find a 5-ch amp i like...

Illusion Audio

Hi, first post here on the Car forum, lurk on the Loudspeaker often, but this thread caught my eye. I replaced a couple of Vifa midbass (5.5 inchers) with Illusion (Nd?)6's a few years ago in the doors of my MX-6. I think I ordered them from Solen in Canada. I had never even heard of them before, but I was intrigued by the Neo magnet (in front!) design and the high Xmax. Those little things pack a wallop! I could not believe the difference over the Vifa's (which is a fairly nice driver itself!). I'm definately a fan. Good to see they are back! Just my two cents.

Cheers

AJ

I'll throw another contribution as to how good their Carbon Series (ND) drivers are. At different times, I've owned a single ND12 and two ND8s (seperately, but each used as subs) and was beyond impressed. I've tried many SQ-oriented subs and the ND12 was likely the very best. And though it doesn't play stunningly loud (not one of my requirements anyway) it can get very loud with little power. For a time, I had it running on a single channel of a JL 300/4 amp so producing about 75 watts and it would get slightly uncomfortable for many listeners.

Maybe he can chime back in, but when I modeled the Illusion-provided T/S specs in WinISD, the results did not look impressive but in 1.2 cu ft sealed with about 1 lb (or a bit more) of polyfill, it sounded like it went very low, even in the house. Much lower than two of my other favorites, the OZ 300L and the Aura Force 12.

Also, always be sure to use grilles with these drivers... very important.

All, I have a Illusion Audio Carbon Component sytem NEW. This was given to me by a friend that worked in the loudspeaker technology business. They look like a high quality package but I'm not sure how much it's worth. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. They are ND-6 Speakers, tweeters, woofers, crossovers.

HELLO ONEAL,

THE SET IS DEFINITLY WORTH SOME $

2 SETS HAVE DGONE ON EBAY RECENTLY, ($200 AND $290 USD RESPECTIVELY)

I JUST RECNTLY BEEN SWINDLED BY TRANG ON EBAY WITH AN ILLUSION 10" ND 10 THAT SUPPOSEDLY HAD NO PERFORMANCE ISSUES BUT WAS ACTUALLY BLOWN AND I PAID $175USD FOR IT RESPECTIVLY ALL SAID AND DONE...

THESE DRIVERS ARE DEFINITLY WORTH USING OR HAVE A FAIR VALUE IF YOU INTEND ON SELLING AS THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO KNOW WHAT THEY ARE AND WHAT THEY ARE CAPABLE OF...

B

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.