Identifying parts in power conditioner

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a Belkin PF60 which has tons of filtering inside it. The layout is pretty easy to follow, and I can identify the obvious parts like relays, chokes, and AC rated caps, but there are a few that I am not quite sure of. I have three high-res pictures here:

http://jamiedamanpour.com/pub/Belkin_PF60/

1. In IMG_0225.jpg, you can see a black cylinder encased in plastic near each outlet. They are surrounded by MOVs and are just below the ferrite cores. Any ideas? You can get a closer look in IMG_0226.jpg.

2. Also in that picture, you get a good look at some 1/4W resistor sized silver things with green marking on one end labeled SW-110T, so they may be directional like a diode. By the ratings, they have to be series devices.

3. In IMG_0242.jpg you see a small silver cylinder with blue lettering on a white label hiding in the shadow of the orange MOVs. Is that a gas discharge tube?

4. There are two enamel coated coils wrapped on vertical black cylinders in the lower left corner of IMG_0225.jpg near the MOVs and whatever mystery part #2 is.

If anyone knows what these are, I would appreciate some help.

MtBiker said:
1. In IMG_0225.jpg, you can see a black cylinder encased in plastic near each outlet. They are surrounded by MOVs and are just below the ferrite cores. Any ideas? You can get a closer look in IMG_0226.jpg.

I can't read the parts designation on the board for these parts due to the mess of glue all around them but they would appear to be ferrites of some descript.

MtBiker said:
2. Also in that picture, you get a good look at some 1/4W resistor sized silver things with green marking on one end labeled SW-110T, so they may be directional like a diode. By the ratings, they have to be series devices.

Thermal fuses.

MtBiker said:
3. In IMG_0242.jpg you see a small silver cylinder with blue lettering on a white label hiding in the shadow of the orange MOVs. Is that a gas discharge tube?

Gas filled surge arrestor.

MtBiker said:
4. There are two enamel coated coils wrapped on vertical black cylinders in the lower left corner of IMG_0225.jpg near the MOVs and whatever mystery part #2 is.

Ferrite core inductors.

1: AC Current Sensing Transformer
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

2: One-Shot Thermal MICROTEMP® Fuse
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

3: Gas Discharge Tube (GDT)

4:Vertcial Mount Power Choke Ferrite Rod Core
PV_photo.jpg

Regards
James

AndrewT wrote
are the thermal fuses there to cut off power if the MOVs catch fire/overheat?

The thermal fuses are in physical contact with the MOVs and will blow/open when a MOV burns. This is normally for indication purposes, that the MOV needs to be replaced.
An open MOV will go un-noticed jeoparding the equipment.

There are newer self indicating type MOVs with integral thermal fuse.

Gajanan Phadte

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.