Ideas on Internal Wiring for Saburo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Yep, those are the ones. To keep the cost down, there is very little metal in them. Lite on bling, hi on performance.

dave

actually, I prefer the soft plastic with strain relief / grip

Phono Plug (4-Pack) - RadioShack.com

but you get the idea - not blingy - not the most noble or expensive materials, but very little of them

of course at the other extreme, the Eichmann bullet plugs sound very nice, but are designed for much thicker jacketed cable - easily remedied by wrapping your conductors around some food rated vinyl tubing and a layer of self adhesive shrink wrap tubing

What sort of binding posts are you guys (Dave, Chris, zman01) using with 24g solid copper? Are you using bananas? Do you have recommendations?
Marc

Marc,

I am using banana plugs. And for binding posts I am using something similar to this:

http://www.amazon.com/Round-Speaker-Terminal-Gold-Spring-Loaded/dp/B002KN2RUG/ref=pd_cp_e_1

Please note that these are quite small and the hole into the side wall is approx 50mm - smaller than other 75-76mm cups - recommended by none other than Chrisb.

Also please note on the banana plus and RCA connectors Planet10 (Dave and Chris) recommend ones made of relatively thin metal.

-Zia

Last edited:
regarding speaker / amp connections, while theoretically "no plug" would be the best method, in practice I like to use these Pomona double plugs for ease of use and dirt cheap price

LandingPagePomonaBanana.jpg

first picture I could find on-line - these come in many colors, 3/4" spacing, set screw locking, strain relief, polarity indicator, stackable

there are fancier versions of dual banana plugs, but none I've seen have all these advantages

I've used Nordost hollow copper and at least 2 styles of "Linn" plugs, and haven't been able to hear any huge sonic improvements over the cheapie Pomonas. AFAIC, this is the last place in the system to get spendy / trendy on audiophile bling; I'd rather invest in something special for one of my tube amps - such as (pick your current favorite/zoomy tube set )

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.