I shouldn't have to ask this question, but...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The dynamic impedance of a forward biased diode is low (usually of the order of an ohm or two).

It would take a carefully set up experiment to show the effect this dynamic impedance will have on the performance of the pre-amp.
It might be slightly easier to show the effect on the performance of the power amp, probably for the worse.

The dynamic impedance of a forward biased diode is low (usually of the order of an ohm or two).

It would take a carefully set up experiment to show the effect this dynamic impedance will have on the performance of the pre-amp.
It might be slightly easier to show the effect on the performance of the power amp, probably for the worse.

As I figured. Now I only wonder if it is possible to provide compensation for this to use them with the preamp. I actually like the effect on the sound so far. However, if this is considered bad practice, I won't do it long term. The preamp/driver board features one proprietary pioneer dual op amp per channel and a slew of small transistors. Also included on each channel is a sort of two-FET in a can thing. It doesn't appear to be part of the power supply, since the tone controls used to be in their feedback loop. So probably not a voltage step down. I have yet to measure the supply voltage on the preamp/driver board since I don't know where to check safely from the back of the PCB.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.