I might have a complete sealed box thats too small?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Will it cause a "snap" when bass hits hard. Not like its over eq, different. I played it with and without eq. It kinda sounds like a firm knuckle wrap on a plastic surface....?? When bass hits hard it sounds/feels great, just not all the time. Certain octaves sound excellent, others are a bit of a mess, some cause the "snap".

I have a feeling the wedge box is undersized.

How many mobile sub manufacturers produced blue anodized cones? Yea that should narrow it down so I can find parameters (not lol).

Looks like a decent made sub though, dual VC , it also has a thick stiff suspension. Only its lacking a sticker and a dust cap. I have no idea what it is.

I'm only assuming its a mobile sub, since it came in a compact carpet wedge box.

I don't need it but do want to see if I can make it run at optimum for the fun of it.

Thanks for any insight.

Last edited:
Running vacuum suction to clear dust and noticed it drawing the cone into the box, the things isnt air tight. Theres an open hole through the centre of the motor assembly. Is this for infinite baffle?

Attachments

• 20171124_134120 (1).jpg
    20171124_134120 (1).jpg
    774.1 KB · Views: 179
music soothes the savage beast
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Running vacuum suction to clear dust and noticed it drawing the cone into the box, the things isnt air tight. Theres an open hole through the centre of the motor assembly. Is this for infinite baffle?
There is yellow ring of glue residue, that's where the dust cap was.

On other note, it looks like two voice coil woofer. How are you running it. Series or parallel?

There is yellow ring of glue residue, that's where the dust cap was.

On other note, it looks like two voice coil woofer. How are you running it. Series or parallel?

Series.

Im just wondering why this thing leaks, many caps are perforated fiberglass etc. I didnt know dust caps also acted as seals the whole system relies on. Seems like it would be a weak link.

In this case, the dust cap helps push cooling air through the motor pole piece vent. Your woofer could be making noise due to coil bottoming or rubbing, etc....

If you feed a driver too much, it makes noises ;) The amount of power it can take will vary with frequency even in original condition.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.