I like this detail!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I m not against a viable company making a profit.

What I do like is a company who takes the customers long term needs into account when designing and building a product.
Take an example:
buy some Far East rubbish and ask for a spares list and spares cost !
It's a case of dump it when the product goes faulty. That is no way to treat a customer no any way to dispose of the worlds resources.

But if there is adequate profit they will do it any way, but the right way.

Andrew, I did not even think that you have considered those companies, but yes, they are not competitive in any way, they would make a shipment to some local that buys them cheap but the local or importer rips the *** out of the chicken trying to make a quick buck.

However, any company that provides good customer support, is a worthy company, even if they sometimes deliver a junk product, their support is helpful and sympathetic and when the problem is resolved you will buy from them again.

My partner bought a "re branded product" big screen TV, pretty cheap. It lasted for five days and packed up. Highly irate he called the dealer, piled his load on the dealers head shouting Chinese rubbish, he should have spent the extra money on a Sony - you know how objectional one can become.

Low and behold, the dealer honoured his support promise an arrived an hour later to deliver and install a replacement, not the cheap TV that my partner bought but a Sony, apologised for the inconvenience and said good-buy.

The problem is that many of these cheap fly by night manufacturers place the onus of customer satisfaction on the importer and the importer not to lose face and afraid of the consumer protection act will do more to keep a customer, but on his own expose weed out the cr@p.

I believe that the wave of Chinese rubbish is slowly being weeded out, although they are not the culprits, there stuff you really get what you pay for but the middle men that import this junk up selling it into the market is where the problem lie.

On the Bryston subject:
A tech friend of mine got a couple of old Brystons in to repair for a studio. Bryston still made the "send them in to us and we'll fix 'em up and return them as new" offer. Since it wasn't worth the shipping costs, they then volunteered any help they could give and sent all the required parts no charge.
You've got to respect that sort of commitment to service.

Absolutely!

And last time I checked, Quad would service and re-align my 'Acoustical' FM1 (1955 6-valve FM tuner) for under £90. And I've had it over ten years, and it's still not required...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.