I just built a decent screen for < $20 CAD

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I used two 4'x8' dry erase boards from Home Depot ($29.95 ea.) that gave me the most beautiful picture I've seen yet!
I removed the aluminum frames then stacked them,one on top of each other that gave me 8'x8'. Then made a new frame to hold them tightly together.( You dont even notice where they meet.)
The picture is unbelieveable!:bigeyes: You do have to keep the room reasonbly dark though.
I also need to get a cheap digital camera so I can post some pics!

I have a question. Tell me is this would work.......

Instead of getting a wood board, using a bedsheet or shower curtain, what if I just used a Large white Posterboard?

I could go to a sign-making company (there is one around the corner from my house) and have them cut a board that will fit my projection image? (I don't have a wide angle lense so my image is like 8 or 9 feet tall).

Do you think a large white posterboard would work?

Coroplas (corrugated sign board) would make a great screen and is under 10 bucks for a 4'x8'x6 mil sheet.

All you would need is a rigid board behind it.....we used 1 inch rigid syrofoam as a backing which made for a light structure and it was mounted on a wall with nice trim around the perimeter

Cheers!!The DIRT®

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.