477.3 KB · Views: 467
  • 100_2167.JPG
    100_2167.JPG
    507.8 KB · Views: 456
  • 100_2169.JPG
    100_2169.JPG
    493.1 KB · Views: 464
Standel 25l15 chassis and cabinet needed

Now that we have photos to base ourselves on, does anyone out there have the means or connections to get me 2 metal chassis to build my Standel 25L15-based custom amp?

I also REALLY would like to buy a cabinet for it, upholstered and all. I have the dimensions ready. Can anyone help?

Thank you!
Frank

hi there, for some reason i wasent getting e-mails about posts on here, just happened to check in. sure wish i had them pics when i was building mine. thanks for the pics and the m-30 schematic. if you want to p.m. me or e-mail me what part of canada your in, if your reasonablly close to me ill see what i could do about chassis and such.

Last edited:
Hey there gang,

I came across this thread when looking up info on Standel amps.

Telecastertech- where are you located?

i have done a bit of work with cabinets.

(i will post some pics form my other computer)

i'm not sure I could get the trim exactly right- but i do have some baby blue tolex that might look nice...

i might be interested in purchasing a clone as well.

PM me and maybe we can work something out...

here are some pics of 2 of the amps i have built.

the blue one is a Blackface Twin RI with a 15" Weber NeoMag instead of the 2 x 12" (I play pedal steel) the 15" speaker was about 1 3/4" too tall for the regular Twin cab so I built this.

The tweed and oxblood number is powered by a 1950s Hi Fi integrated tube amp kit sold by Hammond (I live in Guelph, ON) 4 coats of Minwax Polyshades Honey Pine on the tweed. the speaker is a Weber 12".

Attachments

• 34noflash.jpg
    34noflash.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 463
  • backnoflash.jpg
    backnoflash.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 438
I cannot tell from the pictures if either of the amps have the OP transformer wired up in ultra linear. can anyone here verify?

TelecasterTech if you can get the chassis made have several sets built, I know I'd buy at least one set.
Clearly the OP and the RI are not UL wired final stages. The Weber of course is.

I'm kinda with you on the chassis too. Most of the fellows that do this use aluminum and I think it may make some sense to stick with the steel. If I can get a set of measurements from Ttech I can make some inquiries about silk screened, hammertoned knock offs. I have an idea just off the top of my head that such a pair with all that extra work my well be spendy. We'll see. We'd have to not infringe on the owner's rights too. In other words, a different color and labeled with DIY or something. A plain set of aluminum chassis, with a silk screened pre front would be a more economical way to go.

Rare Amps talk

Hello everyone, I am back!

Apologies for being a little out of the loop lately. I have been restoring my 1961 Rickenbacker M-30 Ek-O-Sound (EXACTLY like a 195x Ray Butts Echo-Sonic EA-1). If anyone wants to see the whole restoration, just google "telecastertech rickenbacker" and pick the first link.

Hmmm... I thought this amp was wired in Ultra-Linear. I mean, the Power Tranny has the centre-tap speficially for UL operation, aka, Push Pull, aka 2 tubes at once (Extra info: talking power tubes here, Class AB. All the preamp tubes are only run with 1 tube so are running Class A, but not talking about this now).

Mr. Danny Hall, could you kindly explain my misunderstanding please?

I am now going to concentrate on my Standel-based custom amplifier. I will be looking into different chassis, although I found some already. But I agree that the bottom power chassis should be steel (or Titanium, yeah!) or something like that.

APeiceOfString: I will surely add you to the list of "people who want one of my Standels". I will send you photos and dimensions of my chassis as soon as I settle on a proper set. I'll be making a few. I too have baby (Azur) blue tolex!! (from CE Dist). But it's not as nice as Naughahide... The Tolex has creases and is stiffer. Naughahide (or something like it) is more pliable/softer, and smells nice too! Makes the amp look P A D D E D instead of upholstered.

Hope to hear from others - let's liven up the forums again!

All the best, take care,

Frank aka Guitarsmith
Canada

Attachments

• 1961EKOSOUND-RESTORED.jpg
    1961EKOSOUND-RESTORED.jpg
    235.4 KB · Views: 167
  • 1961EKOSOUND-RESTORED2.jpg
    1961EKOSOUND-RESTORED2.jpg
    275.3 KB · Views: 190