I had an idea...maybe a brainstorm result..some neuroniuns re-started to work

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
maybe not more than a menthal diarrea.

Imagine 2 speakers, one against the other, one facing the other..the diafragm, the moving cone, glued one to the other with a plastic ring or other kind of ligthweigth link.

This way..when one moves forward, the other moves backward,

This may be interesting, to produce a spherical speaker... each one 4 ohms, connected counter phase, them you can install it as a class A colector load... a direct coupling without the problem to have the speaker moving upwards or downwards as result of the current crossing the coil... this way..when one speaker try to move forward, the other will push it back with the same strengh..so..as a result they will not move.

Now you install a 16 volts supply.. speaker in series, counterphase connected, represents 8 ohms...so, you will keep 8 volts into the speakers and 8 volts into the transistor, from colector to emitter;

This will be 1 ampere crossing each 4 ohms coil..this will result 4 watts wasted in each speaker...total of 8 watts waste of power.

But..you gonna have audio AC swing that will produce audio, and nice quality audio, as the colector load is a real speaker, not a resistance, not a transformer primary and not a condenser coupling component... also you can use single ended, and not a dual supply.

I will produce a prototype... i found this interesting and i hope it will work fine.

Negative... 4 watts is not too much power to a speaker coil... 10 watts continuous start to be dangerous, but i believe it can hold 4 watts...well... this i gonna see soon

ahahahahahah!

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• an idea.gif
    an idea.gif
    9.4 KB · Views: 447
I have not a good knowledge about speakers

reason why i prefere not even to start this subject.

Also, this thread, and the solid state forum is not for this purpose...we can even do it, and moderators will let we go for a while....but i prefer not to do things that will end with them asking us to go back to the track once again... and i could see them doing that several times.

I can understand my idea have not fascinated you....also that you want to have this conversation with big charlie..but really,you are trying to find watter into a desert.. i am very stupid about that stuff.

I have mine Sansui speaker, and friends have some famous brazilians expensive and good brands, and i do my tests with them and also i use to check with a Senheiser headphone one of them has.

I suggest you try to motivate Doctor Rabbitz to open his mouth... the one is the "master of the universe" about speakers..the ones assembled hundreds, and understand a lot about capacitors, coils, speakers brands, models, how to build, how to tune and all tips and tricks needed.

A pitty is that Rabbitz is someone that has some health problems and he is trying to avoid contact into the internet...he cannot stay for too long into the computer..the man is "the brain" about speakers...i told him he should write a book when he could do it..now he cannot anymore and this is a shame...a lost for the humanity, as he is not young, and in a matter of 30 years he will be in the other dimension and we gonna loose all the stuff is inside his brain.

Ask him, please, to talk with you about that stuff...not me dear Bigun.... i am a hell empty headed to that stuff, i know 10 percent he knows!

Rabbitz is loosing his time trying to help Professor Smith, into the thread "professor smith needs help".

I have asked you age Bigun..can you inform me, please.

regards,

Carlos

......................................................................................................

Image is one from the several speaker Rabbitz built.
.......................................................................................................
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Carlos:
From a high fidelity standpoint this speaker arrangement won't work very well.
From a driver point of view recall the parameters of a driver.
Qes..the electrical damping of a driver (Electrical control)
Qms..the mechanical damping (Mechanical control)
Qts...the "composite" of the previous two
Qtc...the practical composite as in "encased" into an enclosure
The air trapped between the two cones will make a very 'stiff' air suspension...limiting cone travel and killing any possibility of Bass performance.
However...Two cones wired 'out-of-phase' is easily done and is of the "Isobaric Push pull"configuration.. a common subwoofer design.
______________________________________________Rick......

Re: I have not a good knowledge about speakers

destroyer X said:
I can understand my idea have not fascinated you....also that you want to have this conversation with big charlie..but really,you are trying to find watter into a desert.. i am very stupid about that stuff.

I thought I had tempted you into talking about speakers, I tried, with all good intentions, only good intentions, because you know about sound. I want to know what speakers you have heard that have good sound and why they have good sound.

Your idea did fascinate me if it is to put the speaker into the amplifier, this must be a good idea because it recognizes the fact that it is the combination that we hear. What you did was scare me with the large Class A current through the coils when I see that people are trying to reduce their amplifier dc offset from 50mV to 2mV or zero. With the Class AB approach, can your idea blossom ?

destroyer X said:
I have asked you age Bigun..can you inform me, please.

Sorry - I did send an email, forgot that you closed your inbox except to family.

Well, I am going to be 45 yrs on 20th June.

You might find it difficult to determine age from my posts - people are not accustomed to a 45yr old seeking so much help and having to learn a lot of things that are simple for those with the relevant experience. But as confidence grows you notice there is more than you would expect from a young person ?

EDIT: I looked at the photo of Rabbitz speaker. Wow, what kind of speaker is that, at the back, levitating in the air :bigeyes:

Hermano... i thank you very much... i knew about isobarik too years ago

down the seventies reading an audio enciclopedia from Howard M.Tremaine.....in spanish

Thank you by your words, but they seems not to push me up with that stuff, and old charlie is needing some help to go ahead with that idea.

But i know you had good intentions to tell me, in advance, what i will face trying that...this was good hermano.

Me gusta los hermanos sudamericanos...me gusta mucho!... los macaquitos gustam di ustedes mucho mas do que ustedes gustam de los macaquitos... .ahahahahah.

I like my south american brothers... i really love them.... the noise folks from brazil loves you much more than you love us.

regards,

Carlos

Rabbitz loves music, loves sound and loves his speakers.

They seems that were fixed, using steel strings, into the garage ceiling..this way he can work and listen with the speakers 1 feet above his head.

The speaker will not be scratched as when they are at the floor..also will keep floor free to walk and to put tools and pieces of wood.

You can see several speakers..he made several..believe me..the guy is a monster in knowledge about those things..do not waste your time with me.

We do not have agreement that capacitor sounds...and this is the only subject we have some disagreement... in a very respectfull way, as i have never shocked them with such kind of conversation..i have never laughed on that...but he is great in knowledge, and that stuff, capacitors, who knows?...he may be rigth and i can be wrong.

regards,

Carlos

I am alike a desert about speaker Bigun, an emptyness

if i was you... if i was inside of you, in your place..beeing you..i would be asking Rabbitz attention on knees.

I have nothing to give you about that.

You know...i am very good..the best in my country, to adjust Tape recorders and cassete recorders to best performance.

the problem is that "those things does not exist anymore"

ahahahahahahahahahah!

Carlos

Attachments

• on knees asking him.gif
    on knees asking him.gif
    58.9 KB · Views: 228
I know this amplifier will not be popular..but publishing

I have an evidence i have made it...so... i can try to register if no one has made that before.

This can be used in the future..nobody knows what future reserve to us.

Darlington felt his idea simple and not interesting..he was working for a telephonic company i think.... and the company has registered the darlington pair as company patent.

In the seventies i was producing an equalizer with friends... many years latter they have started to produce equalizers...the parametric one..i have not registered..so i have lost that.

My board stile is the smd style..surface mount device style..not registered..not mine.

I was working to the phone patch system, helping to create in my country..now we have cell phone..the evolution taken from the VHF, 2 meters, radio amateurs..non registered...so....

Darlington died poor, sick and lonely.

regards,

Carlos

Attachments

• darlington.jpg
    darlington.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 204
But you said the moderators will allow a little time first? Your idea is to bring the speaker INSIDE the amplifer, so it is really part of your amplifier.

Let's not talk about speaker boxes, about enclosures, talk about inductors and amplifier.

We don't really need a box, neither base reflex nor isobarik. No, it is an Open Baffle, one cone facing forward, the other backward and since they move together they act as one driver, like an Open Baffle. This is important because the two voice coils will feel the same forces from the air as they move, whereas one inside a box will be different than one in the front. With OpenBaffle there is no box so no speaker for the moderators to worry. And you want these two voice coils to feel the same because then they have the same impedance curve, they will be balanced. This is necessary for the circuit, because each output transistor should have the same inductor to work with.

Your idea can be extended to multiple voice inductors with parallel output transistors.

How do you optimize your circuit ?

Your speaker coil is an inductor, it has reactance, we often write this as 'X' when we use math. There are two of them, so we have Double X, a 'DX' :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.