I don't believe cables make a difference, any input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Without the pre-existing logical and mathematical framework of Newtonian physics and the attempts to confirm its predictions the anomaly in Mercury's precession wouldn't have stood out as meaningful data. You see the world independent of and above any conceptual framework? Holy smokes, can we hang out? You're driving.

That diversion aside, the only point was no science without logic. Logical fallacies = no science.

Backward again- when the precession of Mercury was discovered, people were, ahem, somewhat beyond trying to "confirm" the predictions of Newtonian mechanics. And that Newtonian stuff was a result of gathering evidence, then putting the logic around it. Sorry, dude, it's turtles all the way down.

Backward again- when the precession of Mercury was discovered, people were, ahem, somewhat beyond trying to "confirm" the predictions of Newtonian mechanics. And that Newtonian stuff was a result of gathering evidence, then putting the logic around it. Sorry, dude, it's turtles all the way down.

You're debating like a lawyer now. You're really maintaining that it wasn't against the framework and predictions of Newtonian physics that Mercury's precession stood out as an anomaly? You'll have to explain that one. Relativity would have come about directly from that peculiarity without Newton's framework? My turn to raise Nobel.

fredex, I don't discount DBTs, just what I've seen as the dismal history of application in this context. Like I wrote earlier, your troop has apparently never seen a protocol they don't like. Give skepticism a chance.

Last edited:
Maybe there's something to hear. I doubt it, but never say never. Who knows, maybe TG will give us some meat instead of the gas that... others are satisfied with.
True, hence my interest in attending. With (sound waves) measurement gear (the fMRI stuff is a bit pricey), negative waves and all.
Btw, aren't we supposed to agree on protocols, have him practice, etc., etc. prior to the test?
Exactly what will you interaction be with him during (like the IQ one) the test, as to doom it with your "hear nothing" expectation bias/negative rays?

Try it yourself, and see. Is that plain enough for you?

You must be tired john, here let me help you say what you meant to say

"Try it yourself, and see (it too). Is that plain enough for you?"

No need to thank me, we're all friends here.

What's rdf trying to say now, and how does he equate it to cables?

They saw an anomaly in the orbit (I get that they had to know it was an anomaly...nothing too outrageous there so cannot get why it's being flogged so hard???) which led to an investigation.

Can't see the link to cables tho.

*One hand evidence and data

*Other hand no evidence, no data, nothing but excuses.

where is the link? Jakob, can you help again by interpreting for me??

Ta, we're all friends here remember so I appreciate the help.

You haven't a clue about this 'logic' thing

You do?

Subjectfallacy.jpg

I HAVE tried it, myself. It is YOUR turn.

I talked with Jim Williams for 30min today you would not like what he said about cables. He and a friend snuck into a common friends house and spliced the most horrible wire wound 1/4 Ohm resistor they could find into his system. Of course he could not tell there was any difference, they replaced his cables with new ones when they were done.

I talked with Jim Williams for 30min today you would not like what he said about cables. He and a friend snuck into a common friends house and spliced the most horrible wire wound 1/4 Ohm resistor they could find into his system. Of course he could not tell there was any difference, they replaced his cables with new ones when they were done.

It really does make one wonder sometimes, if all of these magic wires, rocks, beaks, capacitors, creams and whatnot, aren't just a big prank.
How can one tell the difference? Certainly not by the amount of laughter derived :)

Naughty, naughty boys Scott :D

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.