I don't believe cables make a difference, any input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you would not trust what your brain tells you, what is the worth of your existence?

Oh don't worry we trust our brains because we educate ourselves on what the brain does. We know all about other PARAMETERS and we know that the signals from the Ears is just a small part of the complete processing package.

More or less are brains are not sitting doing nothing waiting for our ears to tell them something ;)

Again, if you have never controlled any of these tests how can you post any conclusions. I really wonder why someone like you never wants to do the controlled tests?

So same as recording, and more than just a pair? How many musicians. One of my first gigs was at the Banff school of fine arts recording there classical dept. concerts twice a week. usually small ensembles but we did record full orchestras a few times.Unfortunatly the small groups played in a lousy room.

Last edited:
Perhaps they were some of the best back then

If my early MC240 is any indication, far from it. Flux leeched up the conductors, not a one near a solder joint is free of green corrosion and discoloured dielectric.

cbdb, small ensemble and soloists as well, though with the once-in-a-lifetime fortune of Detroit's Orchestra Hall as a venue. With your experience of real musicians in a real space I don't understand your earlier question:

How do you know there "accurate".

Certainly your experience helped sort a great deal of wheat from the chaff? You may not know when a recording (in this context) accurately captures the sound of the original event but for me it left no question when a recording isn't even in the ballpark. It doesn't sound like any plausible venue. And those recordings are mainstream.

Edit: BTW, many specialty recording companies used high-zoot cable, if I'm not mistaken at least far back as Sheffield.

If my early MC240 is any indication, far from it. Flux leeched up the conductors, not a one near a solder joint is free of green corrosion and discoloured dielectric.

No doubt there were many cases like the one you describe,as there are cases like this today.However,there are some studios that care about "better"cables.I know that years ago,BOP studio in S.Africa were wired with vdH cables,even inside their consoles.I guess there are more.Even here where I live,I know that some recording engineers use their own cables in some cases.Not all recording engineers/studios use the cheapest acceptable they can find.:)

Not all recording engineers/studios use the cheapest acceptable they can find.

No one said cheapest acceptable cable.

And RDF, have you ever heard real musicians in a real room that didnt sound very good? (not there playing the sound quality, bad room bad instruments bad ballance etc). If it dosnt sound good in the room its unlikley it will sound good in the recording. The recording might be perfectly accurate ie. sound bad.

No one said cheapest acceptable cable.

And RDF, have you ever heard real musicians in a real room that didnt sound very good? (not there playing the sound quality, bad room bad instruments bad ballance etc). If it dosnt sound good in the room its unlikley it will sound good in the recording. The recording might be perfectly accurate ie. sound bad.

If you know it will sound bad from the start,don't do it.Do you think that all the bad recordings they sell us are "perfectly accurate"? You are very flattering about recording engineers and music companies

Actually,when it is for hearing,this is exactly what brain does.If brains like music without getting it from the ears,that's ......you tell us.You've been tought of that too:D

Actually that is not true, the brain is still processing other stimuli.....like historical performance data of the product, visual cues (brand, price, looks). The brain has all those parameters plugged in before the listening happens. The listening is generally a MINOR part of the conclusions.

The ONLY time where your statement is completely accurate is when you remove all other stimuli with a controlled test. Then and only then does the brain have nothing else to process expect the sound.

Obviously the subjective crowd falsely believes the LAST piece of data (the listening experience) is what it uses as the LARGE factor in the conclusion. Look at any experience, any situation and you will know that there is little probability in the LAST peice of data doing anything accept acknowledging conclusions already made by the other stimuli that has been already processed.

Actually,when it is for hearing,this is exactly what brain does.If brains like music without getting it from the ears,that's ......you tell us.You've been tought of that too:D

Further, its just a common sense fact (atleast for me) that if you want to believe something is better there is a good probability it will be if you have enough subjective data that your brains uses to conclude it is.

PLACEBO exists and its okay to acknowledge it exists ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.