I don't believe cables make a difference, any input?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about internal wirings in amplifiers, etc...?

How about PCB tracks and solder?

How about component leads?

How about bonding wires inside semiconductors?

How about capacitor plate materials?

How about the own semiconductor materials?

How about supply transformer windings? This is a great lenght of wire, but not longer than the run from the wall to the power station.

How about voice coils? This wire is longer and considerably thinner than conventional speaker wires, and it does not have exotic insulation...

The more in detail you know and understand what's inside audio equipment, the less sense it makes the whole exotic cable stuff.

The only wires you all are caring about are the ones that you can see. The ones that they can sell to you.

Evaas said:

I would like to rephrase, if I may: properly done ABX testing is the only way to know for sure. aye, there's the rub :cannotbe:

Even with a properly done ABX test, (does such a thing exist :xeye: ), you need to show that the testing procedure itself is not affecting the result...... a sort of Catch 22 situation if you think about it. :spin:

Eva said:

How about supply transformer windings? This is a great lenght of wire, but not longer than the run from the wall to the power station.

How about voice coils? This wire is longer and considerably thinner than conventional speaker wires, and it does not have exotic insulation...

The more in detail you know and understand what's inside audio equipment, the less sense it makes the whole exotic cable stuff.

Can we assume that only an Audionote makes sense to you?:) :)

Panicos K said:
Mine is an Integrated.The cable I am not using between pre/power is the best I have heard so far.:)

We can only pray that someone will make the perfectly transparent interconnect cable.
So far even the most exotic and expensive cables seem to have a sound of their own, even silver as some here have admitted, and so they are not really suitable for their intended purpose. Stick with your integrated for now. :)

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
And how about the screws fore mounting transistors ?...should be brass, btw :D

Theres also the theory that the RCA connectors should have as little mass as possible, which makes perfectly sense, and there are some made from this principle, but with lots of plastic, yikes...though the ordinary ones seems to work too :clown:

Eva said:

The only wires you all are caring about are the ones that you can see. The ones that they can sell to you.

This is reasonable thinking. But I think that we can be even more reasonable than this. Let's for once accept that the above is true and that those reporting hearing cable differences speak the truth; by this I mean that they not only perceive a difference, but that it is actually real. We cannot discount empirical evidence.

We then sit with a situation where we accept that:
1. On the balance of probability cables cannot (do not) affect the signal travelling through them to any significant extent.
2. Different cables plugged into a system can (do) affect final sound quality.

So, perhaps, the next place to look is cable interaction with the rest of the system. Some clues: EMI, out-of-band oscillation, etc. I believe that the main reason why not everyone reports cable effects is that everyone's system and environment is different.

Apologies if this has been mentioned before. I have only browsed this thread occasionally.

Status
Not open for further replies.