• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

I Damaged my Amp?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The caps are mounted very close to the pc bd so i'll have to dismantle the board to desolder them from the underside.
There is a wire from the pre amp bypass switch soldered on the same track at each cap.....so these caps would have taken some of the jolt when the interconnect touched live power. :bigeyes:
Cheers
Bloke669

Hi Guys
Just wanting to say thanks for the help I got finding the fault in my amp.
I replaced the two caps and eliminated selector switch and extra inputs,installed teflon insulated shielded cable between the input RCA's and the volume pot and the amp sounds Sooooooo SWEET!
.......and I have learned a lot to boot!!
Cheers
Bloke669

warranty

You know, if you bought from the guy in canada there's a 1-year full warranty, plus 3 years labor warranty...

of course, if you bought directly from China you're SOL.

Am I the only one that finds it odd that the .6v switched input still passes through the volume pot? I'm using a phono preamp with its own volume control in that .6v input .... debating bypassing the volume control circuit too...

Charles.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.