I can’t start Spotify on my PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, friends. I hope you're doing well. Best wishes to you all. Hi! This is my very first visit to this website. I'm not sure if this is the correct location. I can't launch Spotify on my PC because of some unexplained issues; instead, I get an "Oops! Something went wrong Spotify" message. This is a problem that neither I nor my IT support can solve. Your suggestions would be quite helpful.

I have had issues with Spotify on both a PC and Laptop. On the PC which is running Windows 10 it gave me the same message that you have and I tried a lot of things to get it working. I have Spotify running on 3 devices and I logged out of all of them and uninstalled the app on each one. After re-loading on the PC it works fine and no silly messages. The phone is fine too. The Laptop which runs Win 11......No! I go to a playlist and try to play the first track and it slides down about 4 tracks and starts to play that track and then cuts out after 10s and I can't get it play anything else in that playlist :D I have given up trying to sort it out and I have tried many things.

I have had issues with Spotify on both a PC and Laptop. On the PC which is running Windows 10 it gave me the same message that you have and I tried a lot of things to get it working. I have Spotify running on 3 devices and I logged out of all of them and uninstalled the app on each one. After re-loading on the PC it works fine and no silly messages. The phone is fine too. The Laptop which runs Win 11......No! I go to a playlist and try to play the first track and it slides down about 4 tracks and starts to play that track and then cuts out after 10s and I can't get it play anything else in that playlist :D I have given up trying to sort it out and I have tried many things.
I also have had numerous issues with Spotify on my win 10 PC, spent hours doing what was suggested on the Spotify help forum without getting a resolution. Eventually I got tired of all the hassle and dumped Spotify, went with Amazon music, cheaper for prime members and better sound quality, and it works.

Thanks for replying, and for the information also. You are right. After that, I did a Google search in this regard. and found some solutions (like this). The solution (No. 2) is the process that resolves the issue. The issue is fixed. I just logged off all the other extra devices.
That's great. I have also now removed the app from my phone as I rarely use that to listen and the PC is working without problems.

Step 1. Create fake account
Step 2. Ask a question to encourage engagement
Step 3. Wait for forum member responses
Step 4. Follow up your original post with an answer which is a link to a website that you have some financial ownership (forum spamming)
Step 5. If engagement falls away, create another fake account to boost the thread, see post #6
Step 6. After some months create another fake account to again boost the thread, see post #7
Step 7. Rinse and repeat.

A obvious fake account laid dormant for 2 years before spamming the forum, what makes it obvious you say...

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
It's a fake account, the OP never had a problem with Spotify, he just wanted to post a link to promote his website in a way not to make it obvious it was forum spamming.
He is using a Spotify error message so internet search engines like Google and Bing will index the forum thread and promote his website.
The member account posts at #6 and #7 are also fake, probably by the same spammer, the purpose is to keep the thread active.
There are obvious signs to the methodologies being used if you know what to look for, the first post is the giveaway but in a way that its not obvious to most people, I knew it was a fake account before any posts were made, I spotted the account the day it was created but had to wait for the account to start posting to confirm my suspicions.

His website is a hyperlink using the word "this" in the second line at post #4

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Since this thread isn't being deleted any time soon because technically the fake accounts don't violate any forum rules unless it's #4.

In a couple of posts, 2 by the OP and 2 posts by the other fake accounts that's 4 posts in total were able to get this thread at number 9 in a list using the Google search engine, the OP own website is at number 3, thus the reason why the first post and the OP website use the same spotify error message.
This thread has been very effective to game a search engine.
Feigning an interest in audio is the easiest way to create fake engagement in this forum, then at some point drop in a hyperlink and nobody is none the wiser.

Just because the OP account has a profile photo doesn't necessary indicate it's a real person particularly if you know what a GAN image is.

This thread favours the google search engine, using Bing this thread lists at number 31, not surprising given the OP is using google analytics on their website.
I've seen a recent increase of spam accounts not being actively deleted by moderators:
Like this one since tuesday - https://www.diyaudio.com/community/members/customspring.554231/
and this one since the 1/11/2023 - https://www.diyaudio.com/community/members/keobongdatructuyen.554087/
and this one today but has evaded being seen by hiding the "About" tab in the account info (A security services company from India) - https://www.diyaudio.com/community/members/sfssfssolutions.554273/
https://medium.com/@sfssfssolutions/best-security-services-provider-in-mumbai-ac457218dc33

Kudos to whoever is behind this account, clearly someone who knows the fine art of forum obfuscation:
https://www.diyaudio.com/community/members/ganthercage.551420/

The person behind this account is seriously good using social engineering and managed garnering "Likes" in the process.
Having reported 100's of spammer accounts this one is the most impressive I've seen, to the point moderators edited two dodgy posts but let the account live on. The person behind the account even took time out to welcome new forum members.

The problem with these types of accounts is it requires too much moderator effort to clean up the mess left behind, you delete the account but the electronic graffiti remains, that's the purpose and this is why they do it and they exploit the fact moderators won't necessarily clean up or see all the remnants.

When I first joined this forum. I was paranoid about posting any kind of link. Just in case somebody would accuse me of this kinda crap.
I got some info from this post and did not even need to click on the link he provided.
Such people would not wait 2 years to make a post.

Status
Not open for further replies.