I can't get no satisfaction...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Take in consideration that the starting point mentioned was for an 8 Ohms speaker, for other impedances you can calculate the desiered -3 dB of the inductor by the same formula that applies for low pass filters (first order) and that would be

Rl/6.28*f in Henries

You would be looking for something on the 350 Hz (-3 dB).

On your speaker cone material comment I noticed you preffer some newer materials. I haven't heard much different materials for cones but for midbass my first selection would be plain paper.

To my poor experiance other materials just sucks inner details and transients and for this reason I preffer paper than some other offerings.

Manufacturers seem to compeat on who has the more exotic materials but as history tells they soon have to replace their new line with someting that creates more interest.

The long lived speakers all use paper cones, take a look to well regarded transducers of yesterday and today.

:) :) :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.