Hypex UCD2K not working, help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks for all the info guys, glad i found this thread. Helped me reassure i was connecting the SMPS3K to the UCD2K correctly.

Small question though, even at moderate levels (about 200 watts) the heatsink i mounted on the modules seems to get quite hot. I would say 50C. Is that normal or is this a little high?

Thanks,

Mike

Last edited:
UcD2k with linear PSU... What do I need to do, to get UcD2k working with non-hypex linear PSU? Just ground the J10:6 (amplifier enable) pin? Do I need to do something to the DC or clipping detection pins if I'm not going to use those features?

I planned to bypass the buffer op-amps and the input caps and maybe use the Kelvin feedback also. What do you think about the UcD2k's sound quality in this kind of setup in bass duty/full range?

Thanks for all the info guys, glad i found this thread. Helped me reassure i was connecting the SMPS3K to the UCD2K correctly.

Small question though, even at moderate levels (about 200 watts) the heatsink i mounted on the modules seems to get quite hot. I would say 50C. Is that normal or is this a little high?

Thanks,

Mike

How big is that heatsink? Gets me a bit worried, I'm about to mount 2 ucd2k & 2 ucd700s on a 19x35x5cm extruded alu heatsink, it's big.
They run of +-80V directly from litium batteries, vdr & opamp power supplied by mean well supplies running of the same dc (160V)

The box is crammed.
I'll keep u posted:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.