Hypex UcD AS2.100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm a new user of the AS2.100. I'm slightly confused about how and when the control panel settings from the PC SW are stored in the AS2.100 module.

From the published FAQ I can read that the way to store the configuration is to go stand-by with the on/off switch while power is connected.

This seams a bit dangerous to me since the overall configuration is included in that save operation. For example the Stereo / 2-ch mode is part of that and a mistake may destroy the tweeter if low frequencies are applied.

To me it would be much safer if there were a Store command similar to what you do when loading filter parameters from the PC that cannot easily be modified.

Please let me know if I've misunderstood the function.

Yes, you are right about the store function. But if the settings are changed the filters will remain intact! So if you set it to stereo it only switches the inputs, left for channel 1 (low) and right for channel 2 (tweet). But all signals for both channels are still filtered.
All settings in the filter window are stored on a download.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Any price estimate ?

But I want it fore a 3way BASS guitar speaker, with a tweeter horn running passive

What to do, how will that affect the dsp ?

I mean, if I run the tweeter through the midrange amp/dsp, I wont be able to low pass the midrange
But maybe it wont need to, depends

Or is there a line out fore a small tweeter amp, maybe ?

Any price estimate ?

But I want it fore a 3way BASS guitar speaker, with a tweeter horn running passive

What to do, how will that affect the dsp ?

I mean, if I run the tweeter through the midrange amp/dsp, I wont be able to low pass the midrange
But maybe it wont need to, depends

Or is there a line out fore a small tweeter amp, maybe ?

The PSC2.400 analogue will be around €370 and the digital version around €410. (prices EX VAT.)

The PSC is a pure 2 channel device, so there is no option for a 3th line out function. For multi channel systems a second PSC should be used, for example 1 bridged for sub and one for high and mid.

Last edited:
Hello,

i have a couple of questions about the AS2.100

1. Sub out, is it mono or stereo?
2. About digital out, is this possible: 3-way system where one AS2.100 would do the the crossover "stuff" and powering the midrange, (sub)woofer out to external amp and digital out to DA-converter to external amp?
3. Any news about the "DSP crossover box", is it going to be made?

Thanks,

-Jarno

Hello,

i have a couple of questions about the AS2.100

1. Sub out, is it mono or stereo?
2. About digital out, is this possible: 3-way system where one AS2.100 would do the the crossover "stuff" and powering the midrange, (sub)woofer out to external amp and digital out to DA-converter to external amp?
3. Any news about the "DSP crossover box", is it going to be made?

Thanks,

-Jarno

Hi Jarno,

1. the subout is 1 channel (unbalanced) and therefore mono, but does includes DSP filtering options.
2. The digital out is exactly the same as the input signal, so without filtering or any other DSP options
3. Yes we are working on this, but its quite a big devellopment so it will take some more time.

Hi Jarno,

1. the subout is 1 channel (unbalanced) and therefore mono, but does includes DSP filtering options.
2. The digital out is exactly the same as the input signal, so without filtering or any other DSP options
3. Yes we are working on this, but its quite a big devellopment so it will take some more time.

Ok, thanks for the info. I´m currently going to go 2-way active biamp but i would like to have the option to go 3-way if i wanted to. Thats´s why i´m asking about the subout.. so if there were two AS2.100, then i could have stereo (sub)woofers, right?

Looking round at what else is available brings home what a neat and innovative solution this is. Unless you want to fill up the living room with Behringer crossovers and rack power amps, the AS2.100 pretty much has the field to itself. Kudos to bringing it to the DIY market.

Agreed, this is a innovative product. My only complaint would be that i`d like to see better "modularity" ie. I would like to choose 100 watts module for HF and maybe 400 watts fo mid/LF. It was close with the forthcoming 400w module but now i`ve read the AS2.100 and the new module aren`t compatible together...
Anyways this really innovative product and what i like best, it allows me to go as far as possible digital.

-jarno

Looking round at what else is available brings home what a neat and innovative solution this is. Unless you want to fill up the living room with Behringer crossovers and rack power amps, the AS2.100 pretty much has the field to itself. Kudos to bringing it to the DIY market.

Crown has amp/DSP functionality. I know the Xti models do it but like you said its a rack amp.

Nothing in the reasonable price range like the AS2.100 though.

I just wish Hypex would stock the As2.100 in the US. I have seen Hypex products on DIYCable.com website but I can not find out if they would stock the AS2.100. I would love to save some shipping/exchange $$.

Can't help on the exchange rate but it's worth looking round at shipping brokers. We have several in the UK who buy in services from the big names (presumably at bulk) and offer discounts to online customers. For example, parcel2ship.co.uk

I used them to send an Audiosector kit to Italy and they worked out a lot cheaper than going direct.

Agreed, this is a innovative product. My only complaint would be that i`d like to see better "modularity" ie. I would like to choose 100 watts module for HF and maybe 400 watts fo mid/LF. It was close with the forthcoming 400w module but now i`ve read the AS2.100 and the new module aren`t compatible together...
Anyways this really innovative product and what i like best, it allows me to go as far as possible digital.

-jarno

Yes the remote dsp/crossover/preamp side would be nice as a separate module and would clean up. There is nothing like it out there. And just 'as is' would be fine, without extra inputs or enhanced design/audiophile credentials.

Crown has amp/DSP functionality. I know the Xti models do it but like you said its a rack amp.

Nothing in the reasonable price range like the AS2.100 though.

I just wish Hypex would stock the As2.100 in the US. I have seen Hypex products on DIYCable.com website but I can not find out if they would stock the AS2.100. I would love to save some shipping/exchange $$.

Check the shipping prices in our webshop, Hypex Electronics B.V. Webshop . We have good prices from UPS for shipping worldwide.

Regards,

Jan-Peter

not directly related to this topic (and for that i'm sorry), but using the opportunity to contact people who very likely are in the same situation as i do.

i'm thinking on buying the standalone DSP xover as soon as it comes out (when, oh when), fitting it with external mono amplifiers (one per driver). also, i was planning on adding a digital streamer before the dsp module. basically, the dsp standalone module would work as a pre in my system (volume control, source control).

question is, what kind of digital streamer would you pick? the products that i know are all streamer+inner DAC, which makes them more expensive and complex without any need. is there any other solution that you know?

this would even be a suggestion for hypex. this way, appart from the loudspeakers, you'd be completely system independent!

thank you!

not directly related to this topic (and for that i'm sorry), but using the opportunity to contact people who very likely are in the same situation as i do.

i'm thinking on buying the standalone DSP xover as soon as it comes out (when, oh when), fitting it with external mono amplifiers (one per driver). also, i was planning on adding a digital streamer before the dsp module. basically, the dsp standalone module would work as a pre in my system (volume control, source control).

I'd like to casually jump onto that bandwagon, and I'm also sorry for driving a little off topic. ;)

I'm planning on fitting a DSP unit as a crossover/equalizer into every loudspeaker enclosure I'm currently building, which would be about six units.

Depending on the number of channels incorporated into the DSP board I would even need one for every additional subwoofer.

The Prolight+Sound is over, the first quarter is over, the promised products are due. :wave2:

When will a standalone DSP solution (either a totally new design or those incorporated in the current line of speaker modules) be available to the individual DIYer?

Cheers,
Sebastian.

I'd like to casually jump onto that bandwagon, and I'm also sorry for driving a little off topic. ;)

I'm planning on fitting a DSP unit as a crossover/equalizer into every loudspeaker enclosure I'm currently building, which would be about six units.

Depending on the number of channels incorporated into the DSP board I would even need one for every additional subwoofer.

The Prolight+Sound is over, the first quarter is over, the promised products are due. :wave2:

When will a standalone DSP solution (either a totally new design or those incorporated in the current line of speaker modules) be available to the individual DIYer?

Cheers,
Sebastian.

Since it is a bit off-topic it may be better to start a new thread with only questions about the Hypex 6-channel DSP board?!?

We restarted the development of the 6-channel (DLCP) last month and have one person working on it full time. We are also looking for the most flexible setup for this board, in combination with the external components like input board and controls. As we are still looking for the best solution and we continue working on the board we would at least need a couple of months before the first production run can take place.

I'm thinking on buying the standalone DSP xover as soon as it comes out (when, oh when), fitting it with external mono amplifiers (one per driver). also, i was planning on adding a digital streamer before the dsp module. basically, the dsp standalone module would work as a pre in my system (volume control, source control).

question is, what kind of digital streamer would you pick? the products that i know are all streamer+inner DAC, which makes them more expensive and complex without any need. is there any other solution that you know?

this would even be a suggestion for hypex. this way, appart from the loudspeakers, you'd be completely system independent!

thank you!
The board has a SPDIF/AES input and a USB audio input, maybe best to find a solution with this kind of digital output.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.