Hypex UcD AS2.100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Which will become available as a firmware upgrade on de AS2.100?

I'm sorry but the AS2 will stay as it is. We do understand that people would like 10ms, esspecially in combination with the sub-out. But we are not able to updat this right now because the modules are already on the market.

@ Fram:
Thank you for your notice, indeed it is a digital in and out.

Thats a shame.
Is the DSP platform a certainty at all, or might it be scrapped all together?
If it is certain to be made, would it be out in the first quarter 2010, second quarter 2010? Any ideas?

It will be made! I will be a very good product for Hypex, and also to show what we can do with dsp.
I hope to get the module working in the first quarter next year, and if we manage to do so it will take an other 10 weeks to get the first boards on the market.
However it can be delayed when some projects for other companies must be finished in the same period. We are working on such projects but we are not sure if we can do these projects.

It will be made! I will be a very good product for Hypex, and also to show what we can do with dsp.
I hope to get the module working in the first quarter next year, and if we manage to do so it will take an other 10 weeks to get the first boards on the market.
However it can be delayed when some projects for other companies must be finished in the same period. We are working on such projects but we are not sure if we can do these projects.

Will it have unbalanced (RCA) input/outputs?

http://www.hypex.nl/docs/wiring.pdf
You can connect unbalanced sources to a balanced inputs by connecting the - to source ground, see picture in the document.

Yes, Im well aware of XLR to RCA stuff. I have 3 DCXs and 2 of them connect to unbalanced AVRs, I even have cust XLR to RCA cables with a ground Wire out the RCA end for grounding to try and eliminate the hum.

I have an application that I want strict RCA to RCA.

I see only RCA on plateamp
Are you saying that its easily converted to balanced, by "diy mounting" XLR, and rearrange connection inside plateamp?
Thats how I understand you

I may want to use it in a PRO design (diy fore my own use)

The AS2.100 has only a RCA input.
The cables I mentioned earlier are for conversion in a excising setup, where you got a Balanced signal to unbalanced and vice versa. It will not work when you want to "make" a unbalanced input balanced. This is only a solution for connecting the two sources. Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

The PSC2.400 is provided with balanced input.

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Do you understand what I'm trying to say?

The PSC2.400 is provided with balanced input.

Yes, I understand so far that the balanced conversion cable is suggested in diy Hypex modules manual

PSC2.400
Balanced input ? I take it its a bigger version of this plateamp with dsp ?
When will it be on your web site ?

Last edited:
Ah, ok:h_ache:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/144412-hypex-ucd-as2-100-a-11.html#post1998075
http://www.hypex.nl/docs/PSC2.400.pdf

But dsp sub out seem gone now
I actually liked that option
I supposed it could make a nice 3way with a simple slave amp
But added preset options could become handy

Yes we used the suboutput for better SNR of the woofer output.
But for a powerfull 3-way system you could use a second PSC2.400 in bridge. this one could filter and power the subwoofer. The signal will be looped through to the top for mid and high channel.
This will give you a lot of power and a lot of design freedom.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.