Hypex SMPS400 + 2x UCD180 wiring (DC error, Auto Amplifier Enable, Amplifier Standby)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
They got it right :)... Loudspeaker terminal posts were shorted to the chassis.

Such a school-boy error haha I would have checked every wire connection 100 times before I noticed that. Made up its all sorted, such a quite poweramp... no hum or anything and the guys at Hypex are incredible.

For anyone interested in this project, I highly recommend it :)

Thanks for everyone's input.

What is stopping you following the Hypex guidance?
Is it giving you an issue with hum?

No issue with him, as the build is in its early stages, but I thought, helped by other forum discussion, that the Hypex guidance for an unbalanced input was to connect RCA cold to ground via resistor and capacitor in parallel. I intend to do that using the chassis ground, rather than the ground pin on the UcD. Will that not work?

Martin

Thanks for all the helpful advice. I wired a capacitor and resistor in parallel between each input RCA 'cold' terminal and chassis ground, but no connection from RCAs to the ground terminals on UcD. Mains input is grounded to chassis, and SMPS ground wire connected to all UcD ground terminals. Result is a working Hypex amp, silent when it should be.

... that the Hypex guidance for an unbalanced input was to connect RCA cold to ground via resistor and capacitor in parallel. I intend to do that using the chassis ground, rather than the ground pin on the UcD. Will that not work?
Martin

As far as I know Hypex advises an rc in situation of connecting RCA to XLR only.

In your case you have only RCA to RCA connection, right?

No need to go your way.

Hypex/Bruno Putzeys is very knowledgeable in that respect.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.