Hypex or NewclassD? Which is the Best Class D Amp there is????

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Even on a good day, that works out at $300+ per dB!

The reality is, it's probably mostly a fluffy difference (for 'fluffy' read marketing hype).

The obsession with power as a defining parameter still persists, despite several thousand internet posts showing that it's a nonsense means of evaluation of quality ---- 'got more watts, must be better' ----sigh......

Go for the one you like!

nicoch46 said:

HI rogs ,ok for power but my amp32 and amp11 do not sound on bass as truepath that I undervolt for 300w to 180w !
100-150w are sufficient for all

How shall I interpret the passage about the bass? Is Truepath the better one in this respect? I ask because I will be tri-amping and think of a good class-D amp for the bass.

NCD has the benefit of a low cut off frequency; gain at DC says to be -3 dB down.

Is 100-150 W enough? Naturally it depends on a lot of factors as room size and the dampening of it, efficiency of the speakers being used, distance between listening position and speakers, type of program material and how compressed it is. And finally; how sensitive you are to if the amp clips the signal. The time before the amp(s) has recovered from being overdriven is of importance to most of us.

Hi guys,

has anyone ever thought of putting an autotransformer into class D amp? There could be some advantages as I read at the AG forum where:
"...an autoformer would be an interesting addition to a Class D amplifier, as their output filters tend to give best transient response at a particular output load impedance."
More here

fivestring said:
Hi guys,

has anyone ever thought of putting an autotransformer into class D amp? There could be some advantages as I read at the AG forum where:
"...an autoformer would be an interesting addition to a Class D amplifier, as their output filters tend to give best transient response at a particular output load impedance."
More here

Why not adjust the filter according to the load?

Great work audiodesign.
I have written the tubebuffer link you used for the UCD modules on hififever but also here on diyaudio.

Already 20+ are build. Now i design a board for it. This board will have 6n6p or ECC99 tube bufer, poweron delay and with connector for UCD180oem or UCD400oem. Just one channel a board. Here in the netherlands and germany we like the combination of tubebuffer and Hypex UCD a lot. Powersupply can be smps from coldamp or red rock.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.