Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the new ATI specs could they be based on next years new NCore modules? We have just finished building our evaluation units and they are pretty impressive with a very small foot print. A 6 possibly 8 channel amp may be possible in our present stereo case. They run ultra cool, far cooler than the NC500 which bodes well for efficiency.

Are you allowed to disclose the rated power of these new modules?

Sorry Julf: synchronous rectification is a technique to improve the efficiency of rectification in order to lower the dissipation of the rectifier stage (less heat; less voltage sag under heavy current demand).

Yes.

It has nothing to do with mains frequency.
As troystg pointed out, the rectifiers are switched in sync with the mains frequency. That is why it is called "synchronous" (another name for it is "active rectification").

Just some information on a forum. Novità Hypex - nCore MP Series

The size looks to be very similar to the old UcD3xMP series. I've taken advantage of the final sale of these and bought myself a couple of UcD34MP and a couple of UcD32. I really like the sound of these older types, and ought to get myself a couple more UcD32s, but I need to cut down on the gadget purchases :D Currently building an amp with 4x30W and 2x180W UcD modules...

Johan-Kr

btw at the pricepoint the ATI is being offered there is little incentive to buy the DIY NC400s. There is still the DIY angle, but slapping a few prebuilt modules and SMPS into a case is limited DIY

Our standard NC500 amp is £1099 Our UP version is £1409 using discrete op amps and voltage regulators we have been shipping these for nearly a year!

Yes the new modules are indeed these modules mentioned. I'm frankly stunned at how they sound!

Our standard NC500 amp is £1099 Our UP version is £1409 using discrete op amps and voltage regulators we have been shipping these for nearly a year!

Yes the new modules are indeed these modules mentioned. I'm frankly stunned at how they sound!

Hi Boggit

How would you describe the sound signature, if these are different to the default nc500/400?

I've always favoured a 5 channel solution, provided I start getting on with nCore these may be in my future ...still finding my way, but so far (for me at least) found them highlighting sibilance in the systems I've tried them.

Thanks

Ps just being honest in my opinions, seems a lot of others love nCore in their systems

Hi Paul
Pretty similar I will do side by side comparisons over the weekend. I was expecting the bass to be softer less controlled but no they are good very good and run ultra cool.
Pricing is good I could get a 6 channel 250W per channel close to £999 early days though. They are available from December. I have order some more evaluation units to build multi channel version.
Drop me a mail I can send some Nord buffer boards just for you to try if you don't like them send them back.

The NC500MP + NC100HF makes for a very neat solution for a woofer+compression driver system

Attachments

• hypex ncore MP.png
    hypex ncore MP.png
    95 KB · Views: 811
Hi Paul
Pretty similar I will do side by side comparisons over the weekend. I was expecting the bass to be softer less controlled but no they are good very good and run ultra cool.
Pricing is good I could get a 6 channel 250W per channel close to £999 early days though. They are available from December. I have order some more evaluation units to build multi channel version.
Drop me a mail I can send some Nord buffer boards just for you to try if you don't like them send them back.

Hi Colin

Did you do some listening tests with these new nCore SMPS modules over the weekend?

Any further opinions vs the nc500 (stock buffer)?

Many thanks

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Yes, that is pretty clear, but in what way does the NC100HF actually differ from the others?

hypex said:
We’ve even designed a dedicated 100W NCore® high-frequency amplifier as an add-on for the whole series. This tiny amplifier works off the on-board SMPS from the modules it is connected to, so it doesn’t have an on-board SMPS. It connects to the whole NCxxxMP series, so you can go up to a 3-way NCore® system with little to no effort at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.