Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
But the external voltage is already there: the 12VDC trigger signal from either a preamp or an AVR or whatever. You just have to route it from i.e. a 3.5 mini socket to that solid state relay, don't you ?
I usually try to follow that "keep it simple Simon..." rule.

Unfortunately the 12V signal *isn't* there when in "off" (which is when you need it for the hypex input).

Its only there when the triggering device is powered up ie a Pre Amp, while the preamp is off your power amp has a 0V signal on the SMPS stand by input meaning the power amp is on. What you want is a 12V on the input at all times apart from when you want to use the power amp. This would require an external power source or additional little power supply circuit in the amp.

Last edited:
Taken from the Bel Canto REF600m manual strange

5/12V Trigger: Requires a 3.5mm plug connector with tip at 5 to 12VDC. The Power Switch must be in the ON position for the Trigger to work. When the trigger voltage is set between 5 and 12V the amplifier will go into a low power mode, shutting the LED off and stopping playback.

Judging by the Hypex specifications, Bel Canto seems to have put a voltage regulator on the trigger input. The SMPS1200 requires between 3.3 and 5.5 Volts to go into standby. (Interestingly, the standby voltage specs for SMPS600 and SMPS400 are both different, but neither is 5 to 12 V.)

Judging by the Hypex specifications, Bel Canto seems to have put a voltage regulator on the trigger input. The SMPS1200 requires between 3.3 and 5.5 Volts to go into standby. (Interestingly, the standby voltage specs for SMPS600 and SMPS400 are both different, but neither is 5 to 12 V.)

In the data sheets I have, SMPS400, SMPS600 and SMPS1200 all specify as 3.3-12 V for SMPS Standby.

The standby input is driving only a relay in the mains. It disconnects the mains when energized.

Attachments

• 1rel.PNG
    1rel.PNG
    48 KB · Views: 336
Status
Not open for further replies.