Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Hypex was worried about NC500 based amps destroying their NC400 DIY business, they probably wouldn't have released them.

How about we let the end users make their own minds up on their personal tastes?

I hope you aren't trying to misunderstand me on purpose. As I stated, I appreciate your observations, I just think that commercial interests and biases should be acknowledged - that is just normal professional courtesy, ethics and practice.

You (or the company you represent) is selling (or going to sell) a nc500-based product. That does give you a potential commercial interest in positioning the nc500 as superior to the nc400, so you can't be viewed as a completely neutral and disinterested source of information and opinion. Knowing that makes it easier for us to make up our own mind as to how much weight to put on your statements.

It has nothing to do with personal taste, nor the business strategy of Hypex.

hypex ncore

You can word things any way you want. But in reality, if we knew of a better amp module to suit our requirements, we would be using them.

We have no plans on offering a product directly competitive to the NC400 DIY amp anyways. Either way how is it any of your concern anyways?

Why can't we let the people decide what suits their tastes?

Obviously if someone is selling NC500 based amps they are known to Hypex.

Do you really think Hypex has no idea who they have accounts with? How about we let them govern their reputation.

Last edited:
The only reason I can see you as having a problem with me expressing my opinion on these modules is because you personally don't have any of your own. Or else you would be raving about them like the second coming of Christ.
Sorry, but comments like these are ridiculous and has nothing to do with the case. You're missing the picture completely.

If you don't understand the importance of knowing whether someone is going to sell a product they are braving about, there's nothing do discuss. However, I think most people understand this perfectly well.

Sorry, but comments like these are ridiculous and has nothing to do with the case. You're missing the picture completely.

If you don't understand the importance of knowing whether someone is going to sell a product they are braving about, there's nothing do discuss. However, I think most people understand this perfectly well.

If I happen to end up selling a product directly competitive to the NC400, I will send the client a dual mono NC400 based amp along with the NC500 based amp to personally try in their home for 30 days free of charge.

From there, they can decide on which amp to keep.

You can word things any way you want. But in reality, if we knew of a better amp module to suit our requirements, we would be using them.

We have no plans on offering a product directly competitive to the NC400 DIY amp anyways. Either way how is it any of your concern anyways?

Obviously if someone is selling NC500 based amps they are known to Hypex.

Do you really think Hypex has no idea who they have accounts with? How about we let them govern their reputation.

Do you really not get my point, or are you trying to deflect on purpose?

If I happen to end up selling a product directly competitive to the NC400, I will send the client a dual mono NC400 based amp along with the NC500 based amp to personally try in their home for 30 days free of charge.

From there, they can decide on which amp to keep.
Again, that's totally irrelevant to what's being discussed here.
You either don't get it or you're being evasive on purpose.

hypex ncore

Again, that's totally irrelevant to what's being discussed here.

You either don't get it or you're being evasive on purpose.

So your saying offering the NC400 dual mono amp as a direct comparison for one to try in home would be evasive to the folks who would be interested in hearing the difference?

In which way would this be harmful to the folks who would take advantage of this? And how in any way would this be harmful to Hypex?

Please explain.

In the end, the client would either choose the NC400, or the NC500. Win win either way.

Last edited:
In my opinion, HYPEX are not stupid.

They are losing their middle market tier of OEMs who are struggling to compete with DIY nc400

To make it viable for OEMs to take on their 'middleware' they have created something to bridge the gap...but also not to come too close to their Flagship model, so they have limited its performance too.

I don't believe it would have cost HYPEX much more in R & D here as they have covered this territory with their Flagship design...it's simply a Business strategy ;-)

It would be futile for the nc500 NOT to be a little better than their nc400?

In my case, that 550W at 2ohm would always leave me wondering what I was missing with this obvious compromise...to be constructive, request HYPEX to up that game to at least match the 4ohm at 700W with an mk2 revision, even if it just looks better on paper?

Sincerely good luck with your endeavours Mr Bavmike, we all need to make a living, HYPEX included... Look forward to seeing what becomes of these new modules in any event.

Thanks

Paul

So your saying offering the NC400 dual mono amp as a direct comparison for one to try in home would be evasive to the folks who would be interested in hearing the difference?

In which way would this be harmful to the folks who would take advantage of this? And how in any way would this be harmful to Hypex?

Please explain.

In the end, the client would either choose the NC400, or the NC500. Win win either way.

This is not about hearing a difference (or not). It is also not about something being or not being harmful to Hypex. It is about professional courtesy, ethics and honesty. Not towards Hypex, but towards us, the readers of this DIY forum.

Either you have a commercial interest, or not. If you do, it is appropriate to declare it up front. If you don't get that, we might easily (hopefully mis-) interpret that as a reflection of your business ethics.

Atsah 500 mono amp

foto of the Atsah 500 mono amp
NC500 module,SMPS 1200A700,LM4562 based buffer, all hypex

:D

Attachments

• nc500.jpg
    nc500.jpg
    540 KB · Views: 309
Julf, same applies to YOU also!

Absolutely! My only possible commercial interest in audio these days is a very indirect share in a hi-fi store (I own part of a management restructuring company that happens to have a hi-fi store in it's portfolio), but I have absolutely no operational/business involvement, purely an investment interest.

I wonder what is your motivation to spend so much time writing here.
And days like this, I do wonder, too.

hypex ncore

This is not about hearing a difference (or not). It is also not about something being or not being harmful to Hypex. It is about professional courtesy, ethics and honesty. Not towards Hypex, but towards us, the readers of this DIY forum.

Either you have a commercial interest, or not. If you do, it is appropriate to declare it up front. If you don't get that, we might easily (hopefully mis-) interpret that as a reflection of your business ethics.

Obviously I am interested in the amps. I think that's pretty clear. But I'm not going to offer a product like the Atash 500's. That's probably the only competitor to the NC400. Better report them to Hypex :). Maybe request that photo be removed by the moderators as well. We wouldn't want anyone to know there's alternative choices out there.

Last edited:
Hi Bavmike

It's ok and clear that you have a Commercial interest, this is not a problem for me. Like you you were honest about being an OEM when questioned shortly after the outset of your photo of the nc500...it's not like you have been lying to anyone :)

May I ask what Region you operate from? I'm in the UK and see that HIFIHangar do the Atsah 500 now. It has pricked my interest, albeit I'm wary of that 550W at 2ohm conundrum.

For the moment I'm torn between nCore and JOB amplifier options... At least nCore runs cooler and uses less electricity as mine is likely to be left on most days for Family to rock with.

Paul

Hi Bavmike

It's ok and clear that you have a Commercial interest, this is not a problem for me. Like you you were honest about being an OEM when questioned shortly after the outset of your photo of the nc500...it's not like you have been lying to anyone :)

May I ask what Region you operate from? I'm in the UK and see that HIFIHangar do the Atsah 500 now. It has pricked my interest, albeit I'm wary of that 550W at 2ohm conundrum.

For the moment I'm torn between nCore and JOB amplifier options... At least nCore runs cooler and uses less electricity as mine is likely to be left on most days for Family to rock with.

Paul

I'm in Canada. And I'm not going to be offering a stand alone amp. Give the Atsah 500 a try. I highly doubt you'll find a better amp on the commercial market for the price. Pretty much on par with what it costs to DIY a pair of NC400 based monoblocks.

And for the DIY crowd, plenty of tweaks can easily make it even better.

I really think the 550w into 2 ohms won't be an issue for you in the real world. If so, 5X the price will buy you better 2 ohm output and a fancier case.

Status
Not open for further replies.