Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
A loop gain of 53dB across the whole audio band would be unusual even in linear amps (without using 2-pole compensation), let alone switch-mode ones.
Normally this sort of loop gain with post-filter NFB class-D amps would give instability into an open-circuit or even a high-impedance load. It seems that Bruno has done some clever things to reduce the loop gain when such an error condition occurs.

Newbie here. Sorry for the newb question as I didn't find an answer when searched and read.

I noticed in the white paper on the Ncore that the new technology (except for the loop gain) would trickle down into the UcD line...does that include the dsp plate amps like the as2.100? If so, when will that be in effect?

What type and what power rating is the power supply in the as2.100?

Is it feasible to replace the cheesy ac input on the as2.100 with a Powercon? (Really don't like the nickel plated rca's, either)

One more; why no volume control on the psc400? That seems so lazy to me.....digital in, no volume control??? Is it assumed that it will be hooked up to a pc 24/7? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Thank you for your time

thanks, I hope someone from Hypex can chime in. I hate to see a well made product have such important things lacking. Smart people can make stupid choices. These points scream that at me.

I'm not trying to tell the cow how to eat the hay...I get upset when I see such an awesome product have such serious flaws. If I am mistaken (someone who works for Hypex) , please correct me.

If it has a 100va transformer, then the most it could put out at one time is 100 watts, and that's not going to happen. Is it just me or does that seem lame? Can the supply be removed and upgraded to allow for true wattage output? The 2.100 is undersized for my application as is, to further truncate its ability would put in the "useless" category for me.

As the psc400 does not have a volume control without a pc attatched (REALLY???), neither of these will fit my needs.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Insights?

Am I incorrect on anything?

Thank you

I apologize if my tone offended. I point out what I see as flaws. Maybe perfect for many, not quite compromise free for me.

However, none of my questions were answered. Anybody who is an authority want to speak up? Not bashing a great product, just consumer gripes...

I would appreciate the info requested.

Thanks

I apologize if my tone offended. I point out what I see as flaws. Maybe perfect for many, not quite compromise free for me.

However, none of my questions were answered. Anybody who is an authority want to speak up? Not bashing a great product, just consumer gripes...

I would appreciate the info requested.

Thanks

This thread is discussing our new NCORE technology. If you have questions about an another product I suggest you to drop support (at) hypex (dot) nl an email.

To come back on your questions, the AS2.100 has indeed two 100W amplifier modules and a 100VA transformer. And the PSC2.400 is without volume control, the target productgroep is active pro audio loudspeaker. The most customers don't want to have here a volume control. If you have any more questions please contact our support department or start a new thread with your specific questions.

Now back to NCORE...., we are very close now to release the product. Today we will make the final pictures to present the product.... ;)

So the UcD400HG with HxR is €210 and the NC400 is €325. It's actually about what I expected. Way to go, Hypex, for getting it released in the 4th quarter as promised!

EDIT: I just have to wait another month or so until the Euro is at par with the dollar ;-)

Last edited:
priced like ucd700HG with HxR

Yes, unfortunately the price is a bit too rich for my blood. I will have to pass on these :(

It seems the price is as promised. 325Euro per module. The UCD700 with HxR is 320 Euro´s. Not that I wouldn´t like things to be cheaper, but the pricing seems very fair compared to what you get with the nc400. It has almost the same current capability as the UCD700 and far exceeds it on every other relevant terms. It doesn´t seem to be the new nc400 which is the expensive one of the two :)

Good work, and very, very promising specs, to say the least!!

cheers,

Status
Not open for further replies.