Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does it mean making Ncore as a source amp?

Perfect voltage source which the NCore approximates now => 0 output impedance.

Perfect current source => infinite output impedance.

My F2J has ~ 700 ohm output impedance which was enough to give the distortion reductions I measured. I also tested ~40 ohm in series with the NCore to raise output impedance by 40 but it wasn't enough to reduce distortion as much and wasting so much power just on a series resistor isn't a perfect solution.

Transconductance - Current Drive

I've been thinking again about using the nCore as a current drive amplifier and I've started a separate thread.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clas...nce-current-output-amplifier.html#post3718934

I've put it in the ClassD forum purely because the nCore is a class D amplifier, however none of the thoughts, design or maths are anything to do with class D. It's all completely analogue (just as a certain designer keeps telling us)

Please go and have a look and join in. I welcome any peer review

Chris

Hello,
one question, have the ncore modules some dc decouple capacitor at the input stage or do i need some in my output stage of the source ?

Thanks
regards
Marcus

If I remember correctly it doesn't, but if you are sure that your source doesn't have any DC offset you should be OK without. If you aren't so sure then it's probably better to be safe than sorry =)

So this just occured to me.

With the size of these Ncore amps and the fact that Class D runs so cool, you have the perfect opportunity to make some amps withe the highest WAF possible.

How?

I am currently thinking that you can disguise the case as books...Not entirely sure how well it would work but you can still have them ventilated but have the front of the case rounded a bit like the spine of a book and then wrap the front par of the case in some leather maybe?

I'll let you guys know how it goes when I finally get around to building some as I plan to disguise them to keep the wife happy. a pair of monoblocks driving the mains and then I will have a receiver driving the rest.

With the size of these Ncore amps and the fact that Class D runs so cool, you have the perfect opportunity to make some amps withe the highest WAF possible.

I have my 4-hypex-modules-per-channel amps "hidden" in the stands of my speakers. My wife still isn't too happy about the big black monoliths in our living room, but getting rid of the amp rack has helped a lot.

I'm lucky in the fact that my wife actually likes the looks of SOME audio stuff. She mainly likes Tube electronics because she likes the Retro/Steampunk like look that they have, especially when they are glowing.

The only other audio gear that she likes is McIntosh stuff.

I try to live by the theory that "less is more" and that the more stuff you own the more stress you cause yourself....this extends to my audio

So I think in my future is either an Integrated amp from McIntosh(have to keep the wife happy...)

Or maybe some more Bottlehead gear with nCore amps....my personal goal though is to learn tube preamp design and build my own.

Status
Not open for further replies.