Hypex Ncore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kraftwerk covers

From 1992:

Actually made Kraftwerk listenable!

I seriously did not know that anyone actually did cover Kraftwerk. Or maybe I should just way for the next "Pan Pipe Moods" CD.

Attachments

• The Balanescu Quartet - Possessed (cover front).jpg
    The Balanescu Quartet - Possessed (cover front).jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 485
On the topic of Ncores, I have an issue I'm hoping someone might know a fix for. I've had the modules for a couple months and (with the exception of lodging a screw in the aluminum plate) haven't had any issues. Due to laziness, they weren't in a chassis for a while (but grounded). Recently I put them in a chassis and was initially having some issues getting audio (a speaker wire broke off in the terminal on the module, possibly coupled with grounding issues, I got the modules working). Recently however, both modules are having some really weird and disconcerting issues. It started when turning the modules on after a couple hours of use (historically, I had left them on all the time). When I turned them back on, one of the modules wasn't producing sound. I opened it up, moved some stuff around, and got it producing sound again (no idea what the exact fix was). This is one concern. The bigger concern however is that when I shut this module off now (and the other though to a lesser extent) it makes a spastic clicking noise (like when turning on) at least ten times and very quickly. All the while the leds are flashing. Then, it shuts off. The other module does this too though to a lesser degree. I'm certain I've never had this issue prior. My only thought is that it might be a ground issue. Right now all the grounding is fairly standard. On the XLR input I have the +/- wired normally with a case ground on the third (ground pin) furthermore the sleeve of the xlr cable is grounded to the xlr connector at the ground tab. I highly doubt this is the problem but hopefully it is and doesn't necessitate returning the modules. Has anyone experienced anything similar or have any ideas what it might be? Please share if so.

Here are two pictures. To update things and perhaps add to further confusion, I plugged the amps in again today and they are working to the extent that both produce audio. One however was dropping out initially but now seems to be stable. It seems as though there might be capacitor issue involving residual power that causes the module and SMPS to act erratically. Appreciate your effort to help.

http://i.imgur.com/9OTJf.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/4Vxt2.jpg

-the second pic is of the xlr connection. The it goes left to right, ground to chassis, white, blue. The xlr inner sleeve is grounded to the tab on the xlr input.

Status
Not open for further replies.