Hypex DLCP with linear PSU?

Hi, I think the PSU on my Hypex DLCP has failed, (no lights on either board).

I have a couple of HDPlex linear PSU's a 100w version and 200w version. The latter has a adjustable output so can put out 18v.

Would these be at all suitable for powering the DLCP?

Thanks in advance?

Its currently in a case with a pair of UCD and a single power supply SMPS1200A180 for the amps, which seem to be fine.

Do you have any more info on the all in one UCD amp?

Here is a pic of the 200w linear power supply, it has lots of outputs, a fixed 19v which was driving a intel NUC, but the adjustable can be dialled in to 18v.

But I may look to sell, I do have a cheap UCD 6 channel 36w for testing to use as an active XO development board.

1702288279260.png

Reactions: 1 user
I suspect we have the same UCD - mine's a UCD32MP v3, I guess yours may be the UCD36MP. Incidentally I've never actually hooked up the power amp side of it, only ever used it for the balanced 18V outputs, that's a useful feature from mains in. And though it should make no difference, there was a level of peace of mind using a hypex psu with a hypex board.

Let me know if you'd like the UCD32 or want to just get rid of the DLCP... fair warning, I wouldn't be looking to pay much for a board that may be broken, had one broken DLCP already and spent far to long trying to wrestle it back to action

There's a spec sheet online somewhere, I'm in oxfordshire, just a bit too much of a drive from. Bristol I'd expect!

There's an application sheet online somewhere for the ucd 3X series amps. The jumper is relatively simple, but you need to jump two pins together to turn on/take out of stanby, then the 18V is a available. As always, worth measuring first!

And quite agree, XLR isn't ideal for power outputs, but if it was for DIY sometimes you just use what's to hand! I'm a big fan of molex connectors personally.