HT Surround Speakers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I tend to find that getting 3 drivers to perform well is a bit tricky with series / parallel combinations, as one speaker can sound louder/ softer than the others. Wire 2 x 8 ohm speakers in series and parallel that with the 3rd speaker or vica versa.

Personally I would use 2 as pictured below, I would also try wiring up the 2 speakers in parallel, and do a listening test as part of your whole system,then swap the phasing on one driver.. then choose your favorite, as long as its a sealed box it wont matter too much, as bass extension is irrelivent, mid bass up to treble is the key. Many hi end manufactures offer this out of phase aproach as a bi polar design, to create the effect of multiple surround speakers.

If you did want to use a third speaker, use a bigger woofer and cross over at 150hz, devide the box into two small chambers and one large.

Attachments

• untitled 2.jpg
    untitled 2.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 117
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.