How volatile is our epoch?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Barry Manilow... the modulation guy. Kick it up a notch and sing it again. "Looks like we made it" never ended; it just escaped human hearing.

New Misty Crystals... I'll try it once... after I see someone come down from the same batch.

Spanky and our gang? I actually knew Buckwheat... he was an architect in Phoenix... we worked on an automated climate and watering sysytem for a failed project. Never did the homework; but had little reason to doubt him. I watched the show only to convince myself it WAS him. I was late 20's. He had to be 50's this was 20 years ago...

:)

Spanky... et als...

poobah said:
Barry Manilow... the modulation guy. Kick it up a notch and sing it again. "Looks like we made it" never ended; it just escaped human hearing.

New Misty Crystals... I'll try it once... after I see someone come down from the same batch.

Spanky and our gang? I actually knew Buckwheat... he was an architect in Phoenix... we worked on an automated climate and watering sysytem for a failed project. Never did the homework; but had little reason to doubt him. I watched the show only to convince myself it WAS him. I was late 20's. He had to be 50's this was 20 years ago...

:)

Not THAT spanky... the music group... sang "Sunday Will Never Be The Same"... et als. sickeningly saccharine sonnets about mostly nothing...

Classical fans wondering why classical music has fallen out of favour should first take a look at themselves. Set up a Beethoven festival and you have a sell-out. Only hardcore classical music fans will show up if you perform the works of a contemporary composer.

Asking a non-classical fan like me why it's fallen out of favour is meaningless. I never cared for it and never will.

As for the question of the thread, Pet Shop Boys and numerous artists playing on MTV will become "classics." Those are part of the collective unconsciousness (not that I in any way or shape am a Jungian) and will be so for a long time. Has Elvis or ABBA run out of steam yet? They should. But reality tends to lead its own life regardless what you think of it. Actually, it's not very relevant if the radio stations play good or bad artists from the past. The radio stations will only spin the 2-3 most famous songs by an artist and ignore everything else. If you believe the radio stations, the Beatles only recorded Twist and Shout and some other song. Apparently just another one-hit wonder in the mold of N'Sync and Backstreet Boys.

Of course, if you want an "elitist" list it will look very different. But then we have left reality and entered the imaginary world academia.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.