How to fix the Audio Research D-110 modules

I fixed the gerbers and made it much easier to stuff the parts. I have the gerbers if interested, takes about 5 days from China and will cost less that 20 bucks (shipped) for 10 boards. I have both modules done now.
Will also share the project from Mouser, they have all the parts except for the JFets (Get them from DIY Audio Store). Used all precision 1% resistors, I had near zero offset after testing.

View attachment 964033

View attachment 964034
I am interested in getting some AM-1/AM-2 boards made, as I have five ARC D100 amps (don't ask). I already have the required JFETs. What do I need to do? You mentioned sharing the BOM on Mouser. How is that accessed?

I had a problem D-100 amp which had bad AM boards. This turned me away from any Audio Research product because I called AR and they offered to troubleshoot for ~$120/hour and said the AM boards weren't available, advised me to buy one of their new products. New 100 watt amps were >$5k at the time.

After the AR experience, I bought a used McIntosh MC2205 and reflowed preamp boards and it's been working since. Also bought a new glass faceplate from the factory. It was a totally different and much better experience dealing with McIntosh and their support for their legacy amplifiers.

Best part about dealing with AR was that it made me learn about repairing amplifiers and eventually building several pieces of my own DIY audio gear.

I had a problem D-100 amp which had bad AM boards. This turned me away from any Audio Research product because I called AR and they offered to troubleshoot for ~$120/hour and said the AM boards weren't available, advised me to buy one of their new products. New 100 watt amps were >$5k at the time.

After the AR experience, I bought a used McIntosh MC2205 and reflowed preamp boards and it's been working since. Also bought a new glass faceplate from the factory. It was a totally different and much better experience dealing with McIntosh and their support for their legacy amplifiers.

Best part about dealing with AR was that it made me learn about repairing amplifiers and eventually building several pieces of my own DIY audio gear.
I have owned many of both companies products including a pair of the Original MAC 50W2's. Those are probably still Macs greatest amplifiers. On my MAC worst list is any Mac that has autoformers in the output stage. Not only is that totally unnecessary, but it just further muddies up, or perhaps hides just how bad the MAC solid state sound actually is.
As for Audio Research, none of their solid state gear was any good, nor did it get decent reviews. They should have stuck to tubes and since their solid state debacle, they have. On my best from ARC list is both the old Dual 75 and the Dual 115. My all time favorite amp is the Pass Mini 10 amplifier built years ago from the original thread in other pages on this forum. All time favorite is the Krell Klone KSA-50MK2, also built way back during tje beginnings of that thread on this site. It's pretty hard to fault that amplifier. But even an upgraded Phase Linear 400 sounds better than any.amp MAC has produced..

Last edited:
PM me for the files with your email.
The new modules work great and worth the repair.
They are much better than a 70's Pioneer receiver and look cooler. McIntosh is not much of an improvement over the Audio Research in my opinion and I've owned a lot of them over 40yrs. I take reviews with a grain of salt, trust your own ears and don't believe everything you read....

PM me for the files with your email.
The new modules work great and worth the repair.
They are much better than a 70's Pioneer receiver and look cooler. McIntosh is not much of an improvement over the Audio Research in my opinion and I've owned a lot of them over 40yrs. I take reviews with a grain of salt, trust your own ears and don't believe everything you read....
LOL! MAC is about three steps down!