How to correctly use WinISD

It does and have no clue why you would get what seems to me a totally unrelated error message, but you can check to see if it installed by looking in the program folder for a 484 kb 'compiled HTML HELP file'. Assuming it's there, you can open it with/without having to open the program.

GM

Originally Posted by SillySounds

it just says "MS html help is not installed on the computer". What does this mean?

If you Really don't have HH installed, then that's what it means ;) Lots of programs Help Files rely on HH being installed, otherwise they won't run.

The latest version of WinISD v07 only has a placeholder for a HF, no HF exists for it yet. If you have one of the previous versions, then installing HH will display it.

I have been using winisd beta for a few years with no issues. All of a sudden it just stopped working. All the horizontal lines are not working, and there is no woofer response at all. Oddly, I can find f3 by moving cursor around :D So I can still calculate a sealed box.
It started when I changed the lower db on the graph options.
Now it won't work even after uninstalling program and rebooting computer.
Only file I could find, were the woofer parameter files, but not sure if that is the cause.
Any ideas?
Here is a pic of the screen.

Attachments

• winisd issue.JPG
    winisd issue.JPG
    63.6 KB · Views: 337
Hi David, thank you for your follow up answer, I did read the help file, but cant find the answer to my problem, I will read it again. You are right about my description here, it is a bit vague, my lock of terminology is the problem. I just star a new post with better info about my problem. Let see if this explaying is a little bit better, it says: Hi, Please help with Winisd. After entering all values for new speaker driver and saving it,
I go to the new project window and after clicking finish, the PLot Window dont show any graphics.
What Am I missing, I am using Winisd 0.50a7 I have restared the program several time etc, and
no fix. Thank you very much for helping me. Thank you again David

OK, thanks for the extra info.

I haven't used 0.5 for several years, (the current version is 0.7.0.95), so I'm not sure if this will help.

Does the plot window show anything if you start a new project with any of the drivers that come already in WinISD's database?
If so, that would suggest an error in how you're saving the data for the new driver.

Always is net volume [Vb], i.e. after all losses are accounted for. Old rule-of-thumb [ROT] was to just add 10% and call it 'close enough' for all but the smallest boxes since it's not that critical plus there's wiring losses that raise the effective Qts/Qts':

[Qts'] = [Qts] + any added series resistance [Rs]: Calculate new Qts with Series Resistor

[Rs] = 0.5 ohm minimum for wiring, so may be higher if a super small gauge is used as a series resistor​.​

This loss can be quite high if there's a complex XO and/or a high output impedance [tube] amp in the loop.