How to build a 21st century protection board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Another question is about U1 in the bom list.Something wrong is here.

Attachments

• U1.JPG
    U1.JPG
    123.3 KB · Views: 332
Last edited:
Valery, have you ever had problems with Diptrace merging nets together? I've had it happen a few times now and it's a huge pain to correct. In my latest DAC design it merged all my Digital and Analogue grounds together. Diptrace support told me to deselect "Connect Nets By Name" in the nets properties to correct it. I'm trying to figure out why they merged in the first place?

There seems to be a few projects here as I was going through the thread. If I'm looking for a SSR speaker protection that I can use with my existing PSU which one should I use and is there PCBs available?

Heat sensors, soft start and other features are also welcome.

I usually never use speaker protection since I do not want to add distortion or anything between the amp and speakers but soon realized that with DC coupled amps it is quite dangerous, living on the edge... :D

Thanks!
Do

There seems to be a few projects here as I was going through the thread. If I'm looking for a SSR speaker protection that I can use with my existing PSU which one should I use and is there PCBs available?

Heat sensors, soft start and other features are also welcome.

I usually never use speaker protection since I do not want to add distortion or anything between the amp and speakers but soon realized that with DC coupled amps it is quite dangerous, living on the edge... :D

Thanks!
Do

Hi Do,

This is actually the same project evolving :)

Here is the latest version heavily tested and built by a number of members:
Compact PCB by Jeff Wilhelm with SS relays

Somebody produced a bunch of PCBs here recently.
Gerbers are also available if you want to order yourself.

I have attached the board description I did some time ago - it shows an older PCB with electromagnetic relays, but the functionality is exactly the same, providing the soft-start as well as DC offset, over-current, over-temperature and AC failure protection, with certain redundancy, as well as status indication with a single LED.

I will send the firmware to your e-mail if you would like to build it.

Let me know if you have questions ;)

Cheers,
Valery

P.S. It has saved a number of speakers already ;)

Attachments

• Linear-Gain-Lab ATMega328 Protection v1.1.pdf
    882.2 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
This "alien" project just saved my ar$e again. Went open loop on a
72v rail "super amp". The 70V DC transient did not even move the woofer
a CM.

This is the best 'invention" in all DIY land !!
- Heed my words -
PS - this is so far ahead of chinese ebay offerings - the next level !!

OS

Last edited:
My Quatre could of used this a long time ago.:( Is there a zip file of everything (gerber, code, bom, etc.) somewhere for the through-hole version? Anyone selling PCB?

Thanks,
MI

You might of lucked out. I have 4 of the new versions and the first version
(below).

That one needs a new home .... :)
It was working in my amp , new versions are much smaller.

OS

Attachments

• V1.0 21century.jpg
    V1.0 21century.jpg
    115.8 KB · Views: 345
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.